British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Also truckfest have said in Scotland today that they won’t be at the showground next year as it’s being re-developed. 

I think sadly this will be your last season. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Harris in Worrall out 

Makes Peterborough stronger but not sure if it makes Leicester stronger 

21 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Harris in Worrall out 

Well done Buster 

Where's me coat :P

• Like 1

Worrall should never of been signed in the first place, don’t think I even remember him making a pass at the Showground this season, I do remember him leaving the door wide open time and time again. Anyhow good luck to him and welcome back bomber.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Also truckfest have said in Scotland today that they won’t be at the showground next year as it’s being re-developed. 

Truck fest have been booked in elsewhere for 2024 for 6 months or more

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Truckfest going won't make any difference. Time will tell but I've been told people are willing to talk from all parties. 

Either way it'll be a stay of execution if we get another year rather than a long term thing 

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 1

Bomber is back where he belongs along with worrall. Why didn't we do this at the of the season is beyond belief. Literally every lions and panthers fan said the same thing, you can have bomber and we will welcome Richie back. 

• Like 1

It's certainly been a bad year for Captains! Chris Harris, Hans Andersen, Ritchie Worrall and Josh Pickering all binned off... the arm band seems a bit of a poisoned chalice... or completely meaningless

Edited by iainb

1 minute ago, iainb said:

It's certainly been a bad year for Captains! Chris Harris, Hans Andersen, Ritchie Worrall and Josh Pickering all binned off... the arm band seems a bit of a poisoned chalice... or completely meaningless

What do you think about the changes at your track iainb   ?

Just now, SSL84 said:

What do you think about the changes at your track iainb   ?

I think Worrall should give us back the Morris at home points which we have been severely lacking with Batch. Cook for Harris is probably a like for like switch, probably not in entertainment terms but in points terms. Hopefully Cooks gating ability should see him score a few around Leicester. 

As the league is all about beating teams over 2 legs I think Dickson has restored that ability with the Lions, which disappeared with Nick Morris who was an 8 point man at home

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Truckfest going won't make any difference. Time will tell but I've been told people are willing to talk from all parties. 

Either way it'll be a stay of execution if we get another year rather than a long term thing 

Stop getting people’s hopes up, this is the last season.

• Like 1

Common sense prevails after idiotic decision making during the winter by both promotions.

Richie Worrall can't ride Peterborough for toffee and the Leicester circuit was never going to suit Bomber Harris.

We may go out with a couple of more wins now that both of the weak links have finally been sacked.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TTT said:

Common sense prevails after idiotic decision making during the winter by both promotions.

Richie Worrall can't ride Peterborough for toffee and the Leicester circuit was never going to suit Bomber Harris.

We may go out with a couple of more wins now that both of the weak links have finally been sacked.

Bomber's average at Leicester this season is 8.41 not too shabby

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

You were one of the fans that said Richie couldn't ride the showground, and his home average proves you were right:t:. I know Basso is up and coming, but he has had a bad one as well. Not sticking up for Richie, more showing Basso's season. Dropped the most points off his starting average in the team..This season Bens average is 5.51,  Worrall 5.47. Ben has won 4 races at home, and Worrall has 4. Away Worrall has 8 and Ben 6, despite Ben having 14 more rides. It's packing the minor places at home that has been Worrall's downfall. Irrelevant really, but it's Sunday and I've got time on my hands so had a look. Buster has just handed us the wooden spoon with that swap imho ;) Hope you finish with some wins under your belt if it is going to be your last season..

Edited by Bald Bloke