British Speedway Forum
Conkers

ICE SPEEDWAY 2023

At the moment, only Inzell and Berlin have confirmed dates, and I suspect the current situation will exclude any Russian involvement in the World Championship next season.

Berlin plan to run from March 2 - 5. The Geman Championship is pencilled in for Thursday March 2.

Inzell will run over the weekend of March 17 - 19, with Gunther Bauer's farewell on Friday March 17

No doubt Heerenveen will announce their dates shortly.

There is nothing on Speedway Press about the Russian season, but they usually announce the fixtures in October. Whether it's possible to watch any meetings that are streamed will depend on whether or not they are on a site that's not being blocked.

There might also be a couple of meetings in Poland agin this winter, but there are as yet no confirmed dates. 

But I wonder how much longer will the FIM continue to run it as an official world championship?

I thought a lot of the ice races were Russian, will the FIM let them ride under a neutral flag or will they be band?

43 minutes ago, eric i said:

I thought a lot of the ice races were Russian, will the FIM let them ride under a neutral flag or will they be band?

The Russians can't ride in FIM Events.

This is part of the Press Release by the FIM on March 5th:

To suspend, for the Motorcycle Federation of Russia (MFR) and the Belarusian Federation of Motorcycle Sport (BFMS), the issuance of FIM licences and the FIM licences already distributed. To suspend the functions of persons from MFR and BFMS acting as FIM Officials and as Commissions members/experts/agents of the FIM. As a result, no Russian and Belarusian riders, teams and officials can take part in any FIM Events and activities. 

You can read the full press release on the link below

https://www.fim-moto.com/en/news/news-detail/article/fim-announces-its-decisions-in-relation-to-the-russian-invasion-of-ukraine

I hope this helps?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Bavarian said:

There might also be a couple of meetings in Poland agin this winter, but there are as yet no confirmed dates. 

But I wonder how much longer will the FIM continue to run it as an official world championship?

Not much longer I would have thought, its going to be a little amateurish without Russia.

• Like 1

I just wonder how the energy prices will affect ice rinks ver the winter, what with everyone else complaining they will hit trouble. I would have thought an ice track outdoors even mre is very expensive

Found this from Bavaria, about problems with Ice arenas raising prices to try and cover higher energy costs and even raising the temperature of the ice !!

https://www.br.de/nachrichten/bayern/energiekosten-eisstadien-erhoehen-preise-und-die-eistemperatur,TEBjCGu

Edited by iris123

Russian championship will have 5 Finals this season including a return to Krasnogorsk.

SuperLiga 4 rounds.

• Like 1

Had a message this morning with a flyer for the Berlin Meetings.

Looks like they are staging the German Championship on Friday March 3, with the European Championship on Saturday March 4.

See the Horst Dohm stadium have been hit with some delivery problems, and their ice season has been postponed. Should have already opened, but now won't open until December 1st. But they are seeing a postive in the shortened season in that their energy costs will be lower !! 

• Like 1

Inn Isar have announced they are fielding a team in the 'newly formed Swedish Superliga' and will host a home meeting on  06.01.2023

Where their meeting will be held and wich riders will appear will be announced at a later date, but Jell, and Simon and possibly Celina Liebmann ,look likely :D

Edited by iris123

2023 FIM calendar:

28 January SVEMO Qualifying round Örnsköldsvik Sweden
18 - 19 March DMSB Finals Inzell Germany
01 - 02 April KNMV Finals Heerenveen* The Netherlands

Russian league line ups

Ufa 
#114 Dinar Valeev
#776 Nikita Bogdanov
#131 Vasily Nesitykh
#117 Nikita Tarasov

Kamensk-Uralsky
#919 Dmitry Khomitsevich
#106 Dmitry Koltakov
Ivan Bolshakov
Vladimir Fadeev
Savely Vedyanov
Daniil Fedorov

Togliatti
#333 Daniil Ivanov
#911 Igor Kononov
#383 Nikita Toloknov
#9 Ivan Khuzhin
Igor Saydullin
Simon Svitek
Ilya Krivonozhko
Belyi Stanislav

Shadrinsk
Dmitry Solyannikov
#405 Artyom Burmistrov
#559 Matvey Volkov
Vladislav Martyanov
#94 Pavel Glotkin
Evgeny Makhnyov

Kaltasy 
Andrey Shishegov
Dmitry Bulankin
Anton Sozykin

Glazov
Alexey Utusikov
Ivan Volkov
Mark Kurakin

Irkutsk
Ruslan Litvinov
Alexander Fesenko
Andrey Anisimov

Lukhovitsy
Sergey Makarov
Alexey Kolganov
Nikolai Makarov
Nikita Tsybrov

Saransk
Oleg Gavrilkin
Danila Komkin
Vyacheslav Suleyev
Kirill Kryskin
Ivan Demidov
Ruslan Pivovarov

Kumertau
Evgeniy Sharov
Ivan Gavrilov
Vladislav Martyanov

Örnsköldsvik qualifier allocations:

1. NL
2. AT
3. IT
4. NO
5. CZ
6. FI
7. DE
9. NL
10. DE
11. CZ
12. SE
13. SE
15. AT
16. PL
--
17. SE
18. SE

Nice to see Khuzin and Toloknov back from some horrendous injuries late last season.

What a shame about the curtailed WC season, can only hope that the devastation in Ukraine stops soon ( for various reasons )

• Like 1

Looks like the FIM are still not allowing Russian Riders to compete outside their home country, after the FIM General Assembly in Rimini.

"After careful consideration of the situation, we have decided to maintain our decisions taken at the extraordinary meeting of the Board of Directors on March 5, 2022,"

The Russian Ice season starts next weekend (10/11 December) does anyone know if we will be able to watch the meetings, or are the links all blocked?