British Speedway Forum

Can anyone explain why Brennan was in the final Monday and not Harris. Thought they had identical scores and Harris beat Brennan when they met

4 minutes ago, bruno said:

Can anyone explain why Brennan was in the final Monday and not Harris. Thought they had identical scores and Harris beat Brennan when they met

Anything to do with who had more wins?

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Anything to do with who had more wins?

I thought they had exactly the same places, 1 win 3 seconds and a third then Bomber beat Brennan when they met

2 hours ago, bruno said:

I wondered that to. Convential countback would suggest it should have been Harris.

The only thing I can think is when they met Bomber started in front of Brennan so maybe they considered the usual rules didn't apply so tossed a coin. Lol

On 10/17/2022 at 11:30 AM, scoobydoo said:

Well it looks like Wolves are taking a look at the Italian Champion Paco Castagna tonight

If start times of matches were changed to 9pm he'd be a world beater. Must be a vampire

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bruno said:

Better lawyer ;)

• Haha 5

On 10/17/2022 at 7:16 PM, Col said:

Castagna is a reasonable second strong in the Championship but he's never going to be any more than that!

Couldn’t a decent second string in the championship be a decent reserve in the top league?

13 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Couldn’t a decent second string in the championship be a decent reserve in the top league?

In some cases yes, but not in Castagna's in my opinion having seen him ride for the Brummies for most of the 2021 season.

1 hour ago, Col said:

In some cases yes, but not in Castagna's in my opinion having seen him ride for the Brummies for most of the 2021 season.

No disrespect to him but he is the kind of dross that would be employed as a number seven if Rising Stars were dispensed with.

• Like 3

Dross sounds fairly disrespectful!!  Castagna's return in 2023 would encourage me to go to Perry Barr in the championship more often than I did this year!  But he is not the type of rider the Premiership teams should be looking at.

Going to be an interesting winter for wolves. With Leicester coming up I imagine masters and Morris will be in talks or have least had a conservation with the lions. Definitely two riders I could see making a move there. 

16 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Going to be an interesting winter for wolves. With Leicester coming up I imagine masters and Morris will be in talks or have least had a conservation with the lions. Definitely two riders I could see making a move there. 

Morris possibly. I can't see Masters there 

On 10/22/2022 at 7:07 PM, FishersGate said:

Lion conservation is a good thing (sorry, couldn't resist!)...

On 10/22/2022 at 7:07 PM, FishersGate said:

Why Masters ?