British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

A good rider will ride any track .....

John Louis rated Tomasz Gollob as the most naturally talented speedway rider he had ever known, and Gollob didn't like Monmore at all.  I think he won one race there, in 1998, when the Wolves were one of the few teams to beat the rampant Witches, on 20 July (47-43).  It was a very rare occasion that I got quite drunk (a couple or three pints of Guinness), and managed to upset some people (a few more than usual!) - they all looked so miserable as they left the stadium, even after defeating the mighty Witches. I recall there was a BDL match between the junior Wolves and Buxton. I also was quite unwell by the time we got to Corley Services :(:D

1 hour ago, JoeW436 said:

win most meetings at home but probably only a couple away

May struggle  away from home ..Especially  heats 13 and 15 ....masters not the best away from home .....

On 12/28/2022 at 1:10 PM, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

The trouble is Flint cant ride MG...

But can get better. He is one of the best RS available. 

On paper Wolves look good, 5 heat leaders & the strongest RS. Although you can't guarantee the top 5 will score well every week, which is what cost them in the play-offs.

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

On paper Wolves look good, 5 heat leaders & the strongest RS. Although you can't guarantee the top 5 will score well every week, which is what cost them in the play-offs.

5 heatleaders? Id say they have 1

Edited by cambpanther

7 hours ago, cambpanther said:

5 heatleaders? Id say they have 1

6 teams I 2022 => 18 heatleaders

Wolves riders in top 18 of averages in 2022

Masters

Becker

Douglas

S Worrall

- sounds like at least 4 to me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

6 teams I 2022 => 18 heatleaders

Wolves riders in top 18 of averages in 2022

Masters

Becker

Douglas

S Worrall

- sounds like at least 4 to me

That's what happens when you have 1 track ponies. None are genuine heatleader standard. They'd all be below a 7 at any other PL home track

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

A lot will depend on how Zach Cook adapts, performing well at No 6 would be a real bonus. We’ve not had a decent No 6 for what seems like an eternity

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's what happens when you have 1 track ponies. None are genuine heatleader standard. They'd all be below a 7 at any other PL home track

I think Douglas would average well over 7 at Peterborough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Here we go again,the Monmore hater has to get in his usual two penn'orth.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

A lot will depend on how Zach Cook adapts, performing well at No 6 would be a real bonus. We’ve not had a decent No 6 for what seems like an eternity

A good  number  6 is the key....He can have 7 rides if the others are having a off night...He's  not the best number  6 but u have to give him a chance...J knudsen would  have been a better bet .......