British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, DBP said:

He's not that bad had some decent meetings last year 

His 2 league matches at BV he scored 3 and 2. Awful. 

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

He doesnt go well at B.V ...

He did in the 2021 play off final. He scored 14+1...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

His 2 league matches at BV he scored 3 and 2. Awful. 

In fairness he had a pretty poor 2022 all round, he already looks like a different rider this season. Very shrewd signing for a month. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

In fairness he had a pretty poor 2022 all round, he already looks like a different rider this season. Very shrewd signing for a month. 

Yeah true with plenty of experience...M.G suits him...

59 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Indeed at least you know he won't disappear in a strop if something negative happens, ideal 28 day signing.

8 hours ago, noaksey said:

Belle Vue and Kings Lynn away matches for Wolves in the next 7 days. We'll know more about Nicholls after those 2, we know he's very good at Monmore but he's still a 5 pointer replacing a 7 pointer 

But it is a 5 pointer riding like a 8 pointer.

8 hours ago, DBP said:

He didn't want to do premiership because it clashed with his tv work he will be doing summaries for eurosport when the league starts being shown which I believe is in May 

Yes I know so maybe might change his mind as he is going so well. I expect he would earn far more riding.

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Not strange, he'll be doing 28 days rather than 200+.

Yes at the moment but if this form continues he is going to be a very popular guest.

8 hours ago, stevebrum said:

On the back of a very poor year for him in 2022, even at the Green not as good as usual. But yes, started the season in fine form.

Scotts TV commitments won’t start till end of this month for GP’s and mid May for the league so I’m sure he is ok and happy with short term signing. Appears to suit both parties.

Always liked Scotty, always gives his best even when things are not going so well.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Always liked Scotty, always gives his best even when things are not going so well.

So have I,  since his Ipswich days.

On 4/6/2023 at 8:59 PM, foreverblue said:

Yes I know so maybe might change his mind as he is going so well. I expect he would earn far more riding.

Yes at the moment but if this form continues he is going to be a very popular guest.

The media work is his future, irrespective of earnings today, I can't see him giving up his TV work so he can earn a few quid more for the year

4 hours ago, wtf said:

The media work is his future, irrespective of earnings today, I can't see him giving up his TV work so he can earn a few quid more for the year

The media work will always be there, speedway wont and he wont be riding as well as he is at the moment for long.

On 4/7/2023 at 4:28 PM, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Whats anybodies thorts on Z.Cook after the first League match ???

Much the same as after the Masters testimonial, really. Neat, tidy, seems confident on the Monmore track. Early days, of course.

• Like 1