British Speedway Forum

On 7/7/2023 at 11:26 AM, DJWolves said:

Feels overdue for supporters to get an update on what is going on to try to secure the future of the club. Are the stadium owners entering into any dialogue in that respect? Is there any real prospect of finding an alternative venue in the locality? Do we have to accept that we are now into the final 3 months of speedway in Wolverhampton?

It'd only be the usual can't say too much, a lot going on behind the scenes etc. etc. Blah blah blah

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Further bad news for Wolverhampton Speedway, the main backer for many many years, 'Parry's International' on the brink. 

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/2023/07/17/dilemma-over-future-for-coach-holidays-firm/

Nothing lasts forever Parry has been fantastic for us, even if the coach business carries on in some form there's no guarantee that they would continue the sponsorship all supposing there's a team to sponsor 

3 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Nothing lasts forever Parry has been fantastic for us, even if the coach business carries on in some form there's no guarantee that they would continue the sponsorship all supposing there's a team to sponsor 

It doesnt rain it pours....

I seem to remember he was on the verge of packing it in before, possibly due to the covid situation.

He's certainly earned his retirement if he does stop this time 

Sad news for Dave Parry. Has been a very successful business for many many years.

24 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Sad news for Dave Parry. Has been a very successful business for many many years.

Wolves will miss his sponsorship if there is a wolves next year ....

• Like 1

It just shows what a knifedge the sport in the UK is on..

Sponsors have become for many a sizeable chunk of the "cake", rather than the cherry on top of the icing on it...

A true real supporter of the sport for many years, so you have to send best wishes to him and to Wolves..

• Like 2

19 hours ago, stevebrum said:

The article says he is 75 and wants to retire now. Nothing sad about that for him, he's entitled to a well earned rest. What is unclear is the future of the business. 

On 7/8/2023 at 6:04 PM, iainb said:

It'd only be the usual can't say too much, a lot going on behind the scenes etc. etc. Blah blah blah

From what I was told last night,they've looked at a possible piece of land somewhere between Wolverhampton and Cannock. If there's any truth in it dunno. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

From what I was told last night,they've looked at a possible piece of land somewhere between Wolverhampton and Cannock. If there's any truth in it dunno. 

That narrows it down then, the only place I can think is along the M54 by the new I54 business park. Not much residential around there but is it too far out for some? Any closer though and I fear it would never get planning consent.

4 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

That narrows it down then, the only place I can think is along the M54 by the new I54 business park. Not much residential around there but is it too far out for some? Any closer though and I fear it would never get planning consent.

Always thought some where near the JLR plant was a possibility, nearest houses are Pendeford, but probably far enough away for noise concerns.

6 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

This is very difficult. Out that way the connection with Wolverhampton is diluted. On the other hand, better that than nothing ?  For me, personally, this would be a massive change,  I have only lived in 2 houses, both within walking distance of Monmore Green.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

This is very difficult. Out that way the connection with Wolverhampton is diluted. On the other hand, better that than nothing ?  For me, personally, this would be a massive change,  I have only lived in 2 houses, both within walking distance of Monmore Green.

Yeah .. may be to far out 4 sum....would they get the support????.

11 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Yeah .. may be to far out 4 sum....would they get the support????.

To build a stadium from scratch I imagine would be beyond the resources of the current promotion, and there is absolutely no disrespect intended with that comment. They have kept 'my team'  going since 1984 so they have my utmost respect in that regard. Also out that way would the land actually, for planning purposes, be under the control of South Staffordshire rather than Wolverhampton council ? Having said that both Wolverhmapton and  Souh Staffs have colloborated over the i54 business park. Perhaps Wolverhampton Cuncil could give some 'assistance' a la the NSS in Manchester, which of course would be controversial with voters.