British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He seemed to struggle at Leicester for some reason so did Ben Cook. 

I think most riders do first time or two they go there, plus their opposition is well dialled in there. Both cooks show a lot of potential, next year will be interesting, with a lot of new tracks, but they seem to adapt pretty quickly. I think Zach will need a little time both home and away, but should prove a good signing. He makes good starts pretty consistently and once he figures out the lines and gets an engine that suits the track, he'll be pretty competitive I'm sure. 

Edited by wtf
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TTT said:

Reading the press release and CVS doesn’t sound enthusiastic at all imo

Gives off “we’re going to give him a try because his mates told us too “ vibes 

Sure CVS would have had a word with the other Aussies in the Wolves side to see if Zach was good enough to make the transition into the Premiership .

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TTT said:

Thought Zach Cook was going to D/UP this year.

Thought he would be at Leicester tbh.

Gamble taken by CVS again imo. Third time lucky?

Barkers all yours now 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Barkers all yours now 

Dont you mean another Ben , but thanks for giving him a taste of Monmore :t:

Edited by scoobydoo

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Not convinced with that signing at all. The lad finished with a lower average than Kemp in the Championship. After the reserves being their achilles heel this year I thought they’d have built with a strong reserve at 6 this time but obviously not. 

Rode with Steve and Rory in 2021 and Steve last season, i think he will be a good signing, probably better than Kemp, but his brother Ben is probably better 

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

His home average is pretty poor. Maybe the Poole track doesn’t suit him?

He was fine at home 

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Why? There’s a rather unsavoury witch hunt going on over in the championship threads over young Drew which is a bit out of order. Absolutely fine not to rate a rider, I don’t rate Zach Cook for example, but some of the stuff being said about Kemp is rotten. 

I like Kemp but don't think he did himself any favours with the way he acted in the playoff final 2nd leg 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Reading the press release and CVS doesn’t sound enthusiastic at all imo

Gives off “we’re going to give him a try because his mates told us too “ vibes 

He sounds absolutely ecstatic :D

All official fixtures in 2022, inc bonus:

Zach Cook 7.11 [2021 -  4.81]

Drew Kemp 6.03

Not sure why so many people are seeing this as a poor signing.

8 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Kemp should have been an Aussie he’d have gotten far more love. With Kemp it’s “get him gone/Sh!te/not for me” whereas with an Aussie who is three years his senior at 23 and who has a worse GSA stat in every department is backed and wanted to be kept by the overwhelming majority. Talk about backing the Brits! Bizarre. 

Nonsense. Wolverhampton had to try something different at reserve. Kemp was appalling for them last season, especially away from home. With Kemp's experience, he should be getting more than a 1.85 away average. 

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Nonsense. Wolverhampton had to try something different at reserve. Kemp was appalling for them last season, especially away from home. With Kemp's experience, he should be getting more than a 1.85 away average. 

I was talking about Poole, not Wolves. I agree, Wolves needed to try something else. 

27 minutes ago, arnieg said:

All official fixtures in 2022, inc bonus:

Zach Cook 7.11 [2021 -  4.81]

Drew Kemp 6.03

Not sure why so many people are seeing this as a poor signing.

How many meetings did Kemp have at reserve compared to Cook? Kemp has a higher GSA for this season in home average, away average and overall average. With bonus points Cook slightly comes out on top. Crux of it is there’s been very little between them and yet Kemp was seen as the weak link for Wolves and it was said they needed to be a lot stronger at 6 next year, are they?

We’ll obviously have to wait and see and we could well be comparing apples with oranges. Just because Kemp struggled at Wolves doesn’t mean Cook will, but as they were in the same side at championship level that’s the only comparison we currently make. Only time will tell if Zach Cook was a good signing or not but I can understand the pessimism personally. I think Wolves will again lose meetings at reserve. We’ll see. 

Edited by Steve Irving

21 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

How many meetings did Kemp have at reserve compared to Cook? Kemp has a higher GSA for this season in home average, away average and overall average. With bonus points Cook slightly comes out on top. Crux of it is there’s been very little between them and yet Kemp was seen as the weak link for Wolves and it was said they needed to be a lot stronger at 6 next year, are they?

We’ll obviously have to wait and see and we could well be comparing apples with oranges. Just because Kemp struggled at Wolves doesn’t mean Cook will, but as they were in the same side at championship level that’s the only comparison we currently make. Only time will tell if Zach Cook was a good signing or not but I can understand the pessimism personally. I think Wolves will again lose meetings at reserve. We’ll see. 

Have Poole announced if Kemp is being retained or if Cook is going back to Plymouth presumably being their asset. Isn't Cook also riding in Poland?.

Edited by Tommy Sweetman

13 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Have Poole announced if Kemp is being retained or if Cook is going back to Plymouth presumably being their asset?

Poole have announced nothing other than Danny King is leaving.

18 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Have Poole announced if Kemp is being retained or if Cook is going back to Plymouth presumably being their asset. Isn't Cook also riding in Poland?.

Nothing confirmed on either at the moment although it seems highly unlikely Kemp will return there.