British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Plymouth v Poole Tues 20/09 Play off QF 2nd leg

3 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

Hmmmm - that was pretty embarrassing.....

You'll have to excuse many of us older Speedway fans for singing "Queen" bymistake, many i know were born and have never changed since the late days of the Victorian era.:o

1 hour ago, HGould said:

You'll have to excuse many of us older Speedway fans for singing "Queen" bymistake, many i know were born and have never changed since the late days of the Victorian era.:o

It was the old version played by the club after the minute's silence rather than what any older fans were singing. Such a shame after the impeccably observed silence.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It was the old version played by the club after the minute's silence rather than what any older fans were singing. Such a shame after the impeccably observed silence.

In your desire to nit-pick in the classic boring Poole way I think you're totally missing the point

MILLIONS will inadvertantly sing "Queen" for quite a while as its etched on their subconscience

Plymouth did not have a fixture until last night since Queen died, the minutes silence was for "the Queen" again, was it wrong to use the words that had been relevant for her since 1952.

It''s a bloody good job they didn't play the second verse , that would have been "way too long"

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lewy said:

Good meeting, poole look very strong going into next stage of the playoffs, can't afford to have one of the top 3 to have a bad meeting though as kemp and Ablitt are struggling imo,also zach cook is a weak link away from Wimborne Road.Ā 

Ablitt has struggled all season but we all knew he would, maybe Connor Coles would have been a better option but Nathan does pick up the odd point and has improved. Kemp is frustrating as he clearly has ability as shown in heat 14 last night and in heat 14 at Leicester but why he has to wait until heat 14 for a decent ride I don't know. Zach got a reasonable score at Leicester, a track he hasn't scored well at in the past,he has been better lately in general so don't see him as a worry.Ā 

It must be great to be skidder and live a perfect life never getting anything wrong. One presumes his occupation is professional nit picker.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

It''s a bloody good job they didn't play the second verse , that would have been "way too long"

"Confound their politiks, confound their knavish tricks" ... Poole would have thought it referred to them! :o;)

The second verse usually sung ("Thy choicest gifts in store/On him be pleased to pour") is actually the third verse.

19 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It must be great to be skidder and live a perfect life never getting anything wrong. One presumes his occupation is professional nit picker.

'Professional nit picker' is why I come on here! Plenty to choose from. :-)

14 hours ago, HGould said:

As Skidder said it's not the spectator singing that was the issue it was the recorded version that was broadcast - if they didn't have the correct version then an instrumental version would have been theĀ better option (and it's nothing to do with "nit picking" either).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1