British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

On 7/27/2023 at 11:09 AM, Cue Ball said:

Just seen that Leicester is up for sale - hoping that isn’t a sign that the Bates family want out of speedway

Wouldn't be surprised with all the sh*t Damian Bates has had to put up with from the keyboard warriors in recent months. Who would keep pumping their money into trying to entertain a small minority of sports fans when the vocal element of that minority anonymously rip into you every chance they get. I certainly wouldn't!

• Like 2

Tai replacing holder 

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Does that weaken or strengthen the Tigers.?

Great signing as better than rr. But weakens them in terms of 1-7 with holder in it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Great signing as better than rr. But weakens them in terms of 1-7 with holder in it 

100% spot on, great signing and good for British speedway, but he won't score what Holder did, especially at home. 

• Like 1

He'll bring a few out of the woodwork though short-term , me included, who haven't been this year.

• Like 1

Not a fan of tai, in fact he's one of my least favourite riders. But I'm glad to see him back in Britain, hopefully he stays this time...

Very jealous of Sheffield fans. What a fantastic signing and a delight to see Tai back in Britain.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Does that weaken or strengthen the Tigers.?

on current form at Owlerton probably weaken IMO - away form home maybe stronger!

I remember seeing Tais debut at Owlerton 0,0,0 - from little acorns! - am tempted to go on Thursday now - lets hope the weather holds!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

remember seeing Tai as a 14/15 year old in after meeting races against Josh Auty , time flies doesn't it !! 

welcome back 'home' Tai

Where is stevebrum at? I remember him telling everyone Woffinden would never sign for another premiership team apart from Wolves

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Injury replacement, so does that mean Holder is back when he is fit?

Yes

• Like 1

Shame he won't get a chance to ride against his parent club at Owlerton as there's no dates left;)

• Haha 1