British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

Just wondering what supporters thoughts are on 2023...Who would you like to see remain, who would you like to see come in? For me I would happily retain Holder, Musielak & Ellis.

Wishful thinking ..... Tai Woffinden

All this of course based up on if we remain in the Premier.

21 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

Just wondering what supporters thoughts are on 2023...Who would you like to see remain, who would you like to see come in? For me I would happily retain Holder, Musielak & Ellis.

Wishful thinking ..... Tai Woffinden

All this of course based up on if we remain in the Premier.

Lose Ellis, we can't have all three, keep Howarth and Mountain, would keep Kerr if he could be a reserve which would leave two others to chose who would be dependent on the points limit

Edited by The Third Man

3 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Lose Ellis, we can't have all three, keep Howarth and Mountain, would keep Kerr if he could be a reserve which would leave two others to chose who would be dependent on the points limit

Would Mountain still qualify as a rising star next year?

2 hours ago, RS50 said:

No idea, don't know if anything was said before it started last season

2 hours ago, RS50 said:

No he wouldn't going by this year's regulations.But then again they have been broken several times this season so who knows.Sheffield still have Sedgemen riding so there may be a chance for Mountain next season.

7 minutes ago, tellboy said:

No he wouldn't going by this year's regulations.But then again they have been broken several times this season so who knows.Sheffield still have Sedgemen riding so there may be a chance for Mountain next season.

What are the regulations?

31 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Try this link,happy reading it does have plenty of supplements to cover many of the rules that promoters have tried to worm around to get things their own way in the past.

http://www.scbgb.co.uk/regulations

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Some consider it to be a 'five-year plan' that is strictly adhered to... and then junked after Year #1 .

Things were better when the AGM was a Spanish Piss-Up! At least then fans could understand the thought process that went into the next seasons 'life changing' turn for the better! :(

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Heard a few rumblings that there won’t be a “rising star” next year. Time will tell. 

I heard this too somewhere,can't remember for the life of me now where i heard it.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Heard a few rumblings that there won’t be a “rising star” next year. Time will tell. 

Another positive step kicked into the long grass 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 6:38 PM, Arch Stanton said:

For me the "rising star" rule works so well in the Prem. So naturally they'll get rid of it!

• Haha 1

On 9/27/2022 at 1:56 AM, szkocjasid said:

For me the "rising star" rule works so well in the Prem. So naturally they'll get rid of it!

It doesn't really work... Only Brennan has progressed. He is better than Etheridge now.. Woo!

On 9/27/2022 at 12:56 AM, szkocjasid said:

30 minutes ago, Col said:

It doesn't really work... Only Brennan has progressed. He is better than Etheridge now.. Woo!

Disagree with that comment, think both Hume & Mountain have progressed this year too. Plus Jack Thomas was going well for in his first Premiership campaign till he got injured!

Get rid of the "rising stars" and these promising Brits may end up getting dropped. With all the issues with Brexit & Polish rules, it makes sense to have rules encouraging more Brits in teams.

• Like 4

On 9/28/2022 at 10:38 PM, Col said:

Hume at Ipswich has been decent too! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett