British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

34 minutes ago, eric i said:

Will Lambet receive a new average in time for october 1st i.e the final.

Sheffield beat belle vue in the final, lambet scoring a max, its written in the stars.........#onlyinspeedway

Not enough meetings left unless they change the rules

11 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Not enough meetings left unless they change the rules

Do last years playoff meetings count towards his average?

4 minutes ago, eric i said:

Do last years playoff meetings count towards his average?

Best hope is Leicester don’t qualify so Tigers can use Fricke. We could scupper that tomorrow but Pete Adam’s doesn’t play those games, he will want to finish the season unbeaten at home I’m sure.

Cue the Sheffield/Leicester conspiracy crackpots......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

You said Fricke will be cup tied

Yes, if Leicester make top 4 he can't guest

On 8/31/2023 at 3:36 PM, stevebrum said:

<snip>

SKY proved why Monmore was such a popular track. They always wanted it on the box. The track was always superbly prepared with Doc Bridgetts in charge and riders knew they were in for a well prepared track.

Some riders never got on with it because they didn’t have the skill or technique to handle it well.  It’s that simple.

Class riders can ride anything. Emil is proof of that. I remember first time Gollob rode it it literally took him 6 laps to figure it.

<snip>

No matter whether he figured it out, Gollob told John Louis that he didn't like the Monmore track.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Thats a big if

I dont think its a big of an if as you think. If Ipswich win tomorrow, I can't see Leicester winning at Wolves or Peterborough.

12 hours ago, pauliejaz said:

I dont think its a big of an if as you think. If Ipswich win tomorrow, I can't see Leicester winning at Wolves or Peterborough.

You misunderstood, i agree that if Ipswich win at Kings it is unlikely that Leicester will qualify for the play offs 

On 8/31/2023 at 8:17 AM, Daniel Smith said:

Sheffield should be using whichever average is highest. Established PL or converted CL for Vissing 

They always use a riders most recent average, Vissing has a 2023 Champ ave, so a conversion for that is used.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ace no.5 said:

The "if" was "if" Leicester get in the playoffs.

;)

I think that would be a good thing for the play offs, Leicester would be cannon fodder in the play offs and who wouldnt want to see Emil and Doyley for a couple of more meetings, very much doubt they would win as the lower end is weak but you want to see the best riders as much as possible.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 8:16 PM, Hooky said:

Belle Vue bent the rules last year so Sheffield can do the same 

I don't think the rules allowed Lambert to sign, but the rules were so poorly written Belle Vue were able to use him. That's the fault of the BSPL, not Belle Vue!

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Tai Woffinden being able to continue riding, this season. Probably needs a few days from the accident until the exact nature and extent of the damage can be established, and from there the treatment and management options.