British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Ekstraliga 2 ( old Div 1) Round 3 Sat/Sun 27th/28th April Live on TV

12 hours ago, JCookie said:

Jan Kvech signs for ZG. Outrageous team.

They obviously aren't entertaining the idea of lousing it up again. 

On 9/27/2022 at 12:05 PM, racers and royals said:
Poznan are preparing for life in the E Winner league with plenty going on at the stadium prior to the 2023 season. Floodlights going in, reconstruction of the track and stadium improvements.
They appear to have made their 1st signing as well- Antonio Lindback has joined from Gniezno.

I remember reading some time ago about NIMBYs being against speedway returning to the Poznan track, and having now visited it I can see why… Doesnt even matter if the Bolt driver shafted us, as the ride didnt cost that much. But anyway, we drove almost in circles through quite a large area of houses, which I actually thought were quite nice…

Sorry to say but Lindbacks track record is against him, should have spent the dosh on someone else.

I liked Poznan, will be going again some day to see the speedway.

3 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

I remember reading some time ago about NIMBYs being against speedway returning to the Poznan track, and having now visited it I can see why… Doesnt even matter if the Bolt driver shafted us, as the ride didnt cost that much. But anyway, we drove almost in circles through quite a large area of houses, which I actually thought were quite nice…

Sorry to say but Lindbacks track record is against him, should have spent the dosh on someone else.

I liked Poznan, will be going again some day to see the speedway.

The way the coach came into the stadium when we went in August was through woods- we never saw a house anywhere near as far as i can remember. the racing at the track was always pretty dire but last season it improved considerably and i now really like the place.

Rumours suggest Grigory Laguta might be on his way Lokomotiv Daugavpils

22 minutes ago, Col said:

I thought only Artem, Emil and Kudryashov were allowed to race and only in the Ekstraliga?

I would like to see Grigory riding again though, even if it is only 2.Liga

5 hours ago, Col said:

Highly unlikely that he will be allowed to ride in Polish League again. I doubt it. 

Daugavpils management are Pro-Russian.

13 hours ago, TTT said:

Daugavpils management are Pro-Russian.

yes, always been that way, because the majority of the population in the Daugavpils region have Russian roots. No less than a quarter of the Latvian population speek Russian as their first language.

Grigory Laguta has his wife and child in Latvia, and I read that by now he even has a Latvian passport himself, along with his Russian passport. He has apparently been offered a job with Lokomotiv Daugavpils to work as a coach for the club's junior riders, but he has declined the offer. 

Anyway, he will not be able to ride for them in the Polish League, because PZM simply won't allow it. 

Grigory was quite succesfull in the Russian League this year. He was the team captain of his original home town club Vostok Vladivostok and guided them to the league championship. Further he also became the Russian Individual champion of 2022.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

yes, always been that way, because the majority of the population in the Daugavpils region have Russian roots. No less than a quarter of the Latvian population speek Russian as their first language.

Grigory Laguta has his wife and child in Latvia, and I read that by now he even has a Latvian passport himself, along with his Russian passport. He has apparently been offered a job with Lokomotiv Daugavpils to work as a coach for the club's junior riders, but he has declined the offer. 

Anyway, he will not be able to ride for them in the Polish League, because PZM simply won't allow it. 

Grigory was quite succesfull in the Russian League this year. He was the team captain of his original home town club Vostok Vladivostok and guided them to the league championship. Further he also became the Russian Individual champion of 2022.

He's a hell of a rider, can't deny it, I would like to see him back one day riding again in Poland.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

He's a hell of a rider, can't deny it, I would like to see him back one day riding again in Poland.

He is one of the All-Time Greats and it is such a shame that he was never given a full run in the  SGP series. All he had was a couple of wild card appearances in the Latvian GPs at Daugavpils.