British Speedway Forum
Garry1603

Belle Vue 2023

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Do you mean Hayley Bromley? She also does BSN coverage. 

3 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

I agree and have thought that for years.Her shouting is terrible she sounds like a screaming banshi.

1 hour ago, 4BM said:

Agree 100%, when I watch BSN have to mute her, thankfully they seemed to have a different presenter on there at end of the season . 

11 minutes ago, RussellSprout said:

Hayley does a good job at NSS, that reminds me to not forget the ear defenders for the craven meeting :D

Must be great being perfect.

52 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Must be great being perfect.

What did I say? Apart from that she does BSN as well. Not sure how that is critical unless you have a problem with BSN??!! 

On 1/9/2023 at 9:54 AM, bigcatdiary said:

You brought a ringer in for the play offs and it worked

Not a ringer - a legal replacement for an injured rider. Certainly more credible than a guest.

Unless you know otherwise?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2023 at 11:25 AM, foreverblue said:

Rules have been tightened now. Belle Vue didn't break the rule just manipulated it a bit. Lemon must have learned that  from Poole!! 

They didn't manipulate anything, the "long term injury" Regulation is poorly written. Sheffield and Ipswich also took advantage of it, even though the replaced rider returned to ride with their replacement still in the line-ups!

Transfer windows, etc. had nothing to do with Lambert's signing - unless the wording of the "long term injury" Regulation has been improved, then it can still happen.

37 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

They didn't manipulate anything, the "long term injury" Regulation is poorly written. Sheffield and Ipswich also took advantage of it, even though the replaced rider returned to ride with their replacement still in the line-ups!

Transfer windows, etc. had nothing to do with Lambert's signing - unless the wording of the "long term injury" Regulation has been improved, then it can still happen.

So if it is badly written then that is a loophole which is not in the spirit of the rule. Robert Lambert also said there was a chance he could be back this season but that was never going to happen. It all seemed very wrong to me and I hope it will never happen again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

So if it is badly written then that is a loophole which is not in the spirit of the rule. Robert Lambert also said there was a chance he could be back this season but that was never going to happen. It all seemed very wrong to me and I hope it will never happen again.

Plus given the fact the BSPL have closed that door for 2023 shows they knew the loophole had been exploited. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

What did I say? Apart from that she does BSN as well. Not sure how that is critical unless you have a problem with BSN??!! 

apologies Lisa, i must of added your post by mistake, how i'm not sure, but i do apologise.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Oh the irony! A Poole fan extolling the virtues of the spirit of rules :rofl: 

I thought you might pick me up on that one! 

• Like 1

Think this criticism of Hayley Bromley is way off the mark, I think she does an excellent job as presenter. Also women in speedway should be encouraged not mocked

• Like 6

3 hours ago, jimmy jimmy said:

Think this criticism of Hayley Bromley is way off the mark, I think she does an excellent job as presenter. Also women in speedway should be encouraged not mocked

Agree entirely. I thought she was very good on BSN and seemed to know her stuff. Must be quite difficult doing a job like that but she was growing into it nicely. Leave her alone.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jimmy jimmy said:

Hear hear.   Look how women have become involved in football.   It's what the media want.

14 hours ago, jimmy jimmy said:

Is that unless you're a referee, in which case anything goes?  Asking for a friend. 

7 hours ago, wtf said:

Is that unless you're a referee, in which case anything goes?  Asking for a friend. 

Tell your friend to go and play with his Train set.

On 1/26/2023 at 10:08 PM, stevebrum said:

Plus given the fact the BSPL have closed that door for 2023 shows they knew the loophole had been exploited. 

Has the Regulation been rewritten? 2023 version hasn’t been published yet …