British Speedway Forum

23 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I'm chuffed to see Danny winning things - even if it is with Poole!

A great human being as well as a whole hearted racer

I remember having a chat with a young Danny King after the disappointment of the Play off run off defeat at Wolves(2004 or 5), poor lad was gutted. I told him to get his head up he'd been brilliant at reserve for the Witches that night and was destined to have a great career! Sometimes sport just doesn't go your way no matter how much you try or want it - just like life!

I hope he remembers that night and conversation when he looks back - he has had a good career!!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 2

On 10/15/2022 at 10:03 AM, Baldyman said:

Using Doyle means we really do need source the best bargain averaged riders.  Not sure if any top riders will be racing here,, but if they do,, he will take a hit on his average to. 

That's what Ipwsich thought they had done this year with Batchelor, Riss & Heeps, however be finishing well below the points limit they lost any advantage of signing riders on "false" averages

ok so if Doyle 10.32  it could leave 31.68 for 6 other riders an average of 5.28 per rider

1. Doyle 10.32
2. Batchelor 5.57
3. Riss 6.00
4. Cook 
5. King 6.57 *
6. Barker 4.42 *
7. Hume 4.09 *

* Brit reduction

The Witches will need to unearth a rider or two from abroad or maybe take Cook from Poole and lose King to allow for a big hitter

1. Doyle 10.32
2. Batchelor 5.57
3. Riss 6.00
4. Barker 4.42
5. Klindt/Lambert ;)
6. Cook 4.00
7. Hume 4.09

Think Ipswich need to take at least one if not TWO risks somewhere

Edited by Falcon1983
?

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

ok so if Doyle 10.32  it could leave 31.68 for 6 other riders an average of 5.28 per rider

1. Doyle 10.32
2. Batchelor 5.57
3. Riss 6.00
4. Cook 
5. King 6.57 *
6. Barker 4.42 *
7. Hume 4.09 *

* Brit reduction

The Witches will need to unearth a rider or two from abroad or maybe take Cook from Poole and lose King to allow for a big hitter

1. Doyle 10.32
2. Batchelor 5.57
3. Riss 6.00
4. Barker 4.42
5. Klindt/Lambert ;)
6. Cook 4.00
7. Hume 4.09

Think Ipswich need to take at least one if not TWO risks somewhere

King and Ben Cook make a decent racing pair - as evidenced every Poole meeting!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

King and Ben Cook make a decent racing pair - as evidenced every Poole meeting!!

In the championship yes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Baldy for TM :drink:

They need to attend all the meetings :P

4 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Baldy for TM :drink:

Let's be honest,,, we can all build a team better than the one we will end up with,,, but I don't know the budget or availability,,,,,

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Let's be honest,,, we can all build a team better than the one we will end up with,,, but I don't know the budget or availability,,,,,

You need to get hold of BV's new lawyer

Edited by Bald Bloke

But what are the actual chances of dudek riding in this country though? Is it even a consideration or is it silly season in full swing again

13 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

In the championship yes

Yes but against many of the Championship heat leaders who are also in the Prem. Ben Cook would have picked up loads of Prem guest bookings if his current visa allowed it!

This will change for 2023 when both Poole Cooks intend to double up! So its a matter of who gets in first, so with Louis and Ford both mates and on the BSPL Board of Directors, who knows.

Ultimately the main thing you have to have is a no.5 to back up Doyle, then go from there, assume king will be back and hope Danyon is he’s been superb this year.

for me I’d start Doyle Zagar riss Danyon and go from there, assume king is back too that adds up to 34.18 without any reductions maybe look at ben cook from Poole and would really like to see a young European newcomer, gusts, salonen, Hansen etc etc 

good mix of youth and experience, potential in cook and newcomer, and crucially some top end back end for Doyle in zagar