British Speedway Forum

There's a young up and coming rider who rides Foxhall really well available on a bargain 4.93 average 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

There's a young up and coming rider who rides Foxhall really well available on a bargain 4.93 average 

Sounds like a plan. Can't see it happening, may as well get Batchelor back. 

11 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

does Hume & Lindgren fit he is 9+ isn't he?

Grand prix rider 9.00....He wouldn't  come over to England ...got long covid ....needs to cut down on his commitments....

24 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Wouldn't be shocked if we end up with Andersen and Batch anyway,, and start way under limit. 

It seems to be taking a long time ...They want silly money ....

19 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

You can probably rule Mountain out cos I’d forgotten about his stint with us as someone else pointed out, he just couldn’t get round Foxhall and was axed mid season if my memory is correct. 

Was that not his first Championship season when signed as a 3.00 rider? I would judge his current potential based on that season!

Edited by szkocjasid

On 1/1/2023 at 4:07 PM, 89buttons said:

Heeps average of 4.18 was achieved via him starting higher and sliding drastically downward, it’s only still that high due to meetings still contributing from previous seasons.

Hume and mountain both averaged over 4 last season and are only 3.07/3.27 due to the 25% reduction

My point still stands, you lose the benefit of signing them with 25% off their average if you don't reach the 42.00 limit!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Was that not his first Championship season when signed as a 3.00 rider? I would judge his current potential based on that season!

He hated the place. 

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

He hated the place. 

I wasn't aware of that. But if Mountain wants a Prem team he's not in a position to turn down any offers, so should try & convince the promotion he can improve around Foxhall

My point still stands, you lose the benefit of signing them with 25% off their average if you don't reach the 42.00 limit!

My point is tho if you signed either you’re not getting a 3 point rider you’re getting a rider that averaged over 4 last seasoN

29 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I wasn't aware of that. But if Mountain wants a Prem team he's not in a position to turn down any offers, so should try & convince the promotion he can improve around Foxhall

Absolutely he’d take it, he doesn’t have any other options. Just can’t see Louis offering him a place. We’ll see. 

26 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

My point is tho if you signed either you’re not getting a 3 point rider you’re getting a rider that averaged over 4 last seasoN

Wouldn’t make a jot of difference though if either was signed along with Emil. There’d be 4.27 left, so you may as well say you’re signing them pretty much on their real averages. The benefit of the 25% would instantly disappear. 

• Like 1