British Speedway Forum

22 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Unless CL and RH are going to play it smart...

Get Hume at no.2 where he partners Doyle 3 times worst case in most heats a 4-2 against or 3-3 with the odd 4-2 in the witches favour 

Get a big hitter in at 5

Then play the waiting game of the averages dropping, then they replace hume with someone like Batch

So they start

Doyle, Hume, King, Riss, No.5, Rew, Thomas

End with

Doyle, Batch, King, Riss, No.5, Rew, Thomas

So Hume would just make the numbers up until the numbers add up to move him out

But if Hume is signed on a 3.1 average & Batchelor is 5.6, who in the team is gonna drop 2.5 from their averages to allow that change?

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

But if Hume is signed on a 3.1 average & Batchelor is 5.6, who in the team is gonna drop 2.5 from their averages to allow that change?

Humes average will be 4.06 or something like that

9 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Yeah you’re right. Could you in theory pull a fast one and use this 25% discount to strengthen pretty quickly? Signs on a 3 for team building purposes using the 25% and then replace with a rider using his real average when the season starts.

Pretty shi tty way to treat someone though and I’m pretty sure Louis wouldn’t do that. Only Poole would stoop that low :D

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

13 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

To fit Batchelor in the rest of the team would have to be 5.57 below the points limit to allow that change, Hume going from 3 to 4, wouldn't make a difference!

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yeah you’re right. Could you in theory pull a fast one and use this 25% discount to strengthen pretty quickly? Signs on a 3 for team building purposes using the 25% and then replace with a rider using his real average when the season starts.

Pretty shi tty way to treat someone though and I’m pretty sure Louis wouldn’t do that. Only Poole would stoop that low :D

I assume Hume would keep his 3.1 ave till the first averages change then if he's still above 4, I guess they could sign a stronger rider, if there's one out there?

However Hume riding in the 1-5 will probably see his average drop below 4 by the first set of new averages.

Edited by szkocjasid

No,,, Hume will start season on his above 4 average,,, his 25% is only for team building. So many people don't seem to be getting this

• Like 3

Those riders on a guarantee could drop their average as it won't affect the pay packet,  gotta play the system sometimes then redeclare stronger 

Riss could fall it fluctuated last season, im sure its a real discussion to be had.

19 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Best ozy  at the moment....how many did Z.Cook score ...

8pts

19 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

If anything, I would be expecting Rew average to rise dramatically - I really rate him and think he has the potential to score big at some tracks!

….and all the master plan to lower averages to sign Batchelor, only for him to drop his average too. Please!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

If anything, I would be expecting Rew average to rise dramatically - I really rate him and think he has the potential to score big at some tracks!

I think that’s what Louis is banking on. If Hume signs, he goes in to the 1-5 but the reality is he’ll be signing as a reserve. You’d expect Hume and Rew to swap after the first set of averages, then you’re looking at Rew being partnered at 2 with Doyle. Not a bad rider to learn off!

15 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I think that’s what Louis is banking on. If Hume signs, he goes in to the 1-5 but the reality is he’ll be signing as a reserve. You’d expect Hume and Rew to swap after the first set of averages, then you’re looking at Rew being partnered at 2 with Doyle. Not a bad rider to learn off!

True ...but weak reserves then ....