British Speedway Forum

Louis says that the title sponsors are just as keen as everyone else at the club to see the Witches lift the Premiership trophy in 2023.

“For all that I have said about Guy and Jake, the family and the business, they are winners, they want to be the best in what they do, and they want us to be the best. They are dead set on putting that Premiership trophy in the cabinet along with Ritchie (Hawkins), myself, and the riders we have every year. That is always the intention, they are so supportive and want the best for us.

“They were made up to be led by a rider last year like Jason (Doyle) and to have him back is great. That’s partly why it is taking us a while to complete the team and we hope we can update everyone in the next couple of weeks with what is happening there, we are striving to be the best team we can.” 

https://ipswichwitches.co/tru-mix-to-continue-sponsorship-in-2023/

On 2/3/2023 at 10:55 PM, Panthers70 said:

I can't see any statement from motorsport UK, either here or on their website. In fact, what have motorsport UK got to do with speedway? They are the governing body for four-wheel sport here.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking.

I agree with you too - the ACU is aligned with the FIM and is the governing body for motorcycle racing in the UK.

They are striving to be the best team they can,,,,,,,,, I know I live on a different planet to most of you,,,, but I always thought that was the idea anyway. 

• Like 3

As long as the team is completed by March 15th I don’t care when they announce it. March 15th is the season ticket deadline and I’m still in two minds whether to get one or not. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

As long as the team is completed by March 15th I don’t care when they announce it. March 15th is the season ticket deadline and I’m still in two minds whether to get one or not. 

Same here with my team.

I need to know what I'm paying for first.

19 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I need to know if its snooker or speedway 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are we to assume then that if the management don't get the riders that we think they might be after then do we end up with duff and duffer again whoever they may be?

11 minutes ago, TB1 said:

Are we to assume then that if the management don't get the riders that we think they might be after then do we end up with duff and duffer again whoever they may be?

Seems by Louis’ comments they’re giving it another fortnight before making definitive decisions. We know who they’re waiting on, and it seems they’re giving it two more weeks before moving on to plan B. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TB1 said:

No, Tungate and Cookie could be off to Peterborough so you should be okay

32 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Seems by Louis’ comments they’re giving it another fortnight before making definitive decisions. We know who they’re waiting on, and it seems they’re giving it two more weeks before moving on to plan B. 

Two weeks won’t be enough to sort the Emil situation

You might get holder if the rumours are true a pboro. Be an easy deal to get over the line especially with his links to guy nicholls 

49 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

You have absolutely no idea on the ins and out of this situation. You’re not working on the deal are you? Got to love this forum with all these keyboard experts. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

You might get holder if the rumours are true a pboro. Be an easy deal to get over the line especially with his links to guy nicholls 

Not for me personally. 

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

Just as well they started at least 3 months ago then.......

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Just as well they started at least 3 months ago then.......

Exactly. Louis will know every single detail that needed/needs to be sorted, and the hurdles he’ll need to overcome. He’ll have been given the chances of success by people working on the deal for him and how long it could possibly take. If he’s decided that the chances are enough for him to keep persevering with it then that’s entirely his prerogative and it certainly won’t prove the keyboard experts on here correct if the chase ultimately fails! He’s seemingly now put a deadline on this and will then move on with a back up. Again, that’s entirely his prerogative!

Edited by Steve Irving
  • Like 1