British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, PTW said:

So if my maths is correct Hume will be on 3.07 from 4.09. 

Only for team building purposes.

Edited by Roger Jacobs

Really happy for Hume. After the Championship Pairs at Oxford last year, he stayed behind after Glasgow went out. Went and thanked all the fans for making the trip, and stayed for autographs and photos with kids long after everybody else had gone home - all the time with a huge smile on his face. Genuinely nice guy

• Like 5

7 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Great to see Danyon confirmed 

A wonderful guy and 100% trier with steel balls the size of planets!

100% agree with this - very pleased i would have really felt for him had he not been recalled for 2023

• Like 2

Chatting to my dad last night we were wondering how we may lineup, we were saying how good the partnership between Doyle and riss was last season maybe putting riss at 2 and rew 4? Then you’ve got Erik in heat 8 as well

21 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Chatting to my dad last night we were wondering how we may lineup, we were saying how good the partnership between Doyle and riss was last season maybe putting riss at 2 and rew 4? Then you’ve got Erik in heat 8 as well

I thought that initially, but from the admittedly few clips I’ve seen of Rew, he looks a carbon copy style wise as King. Both favour the outside line so would it make sense to pair them up if they’re both gonna target the same bit of track? Where as Riss is more a white liner so could make a good pair with either King or Rew. Think Hawkins will play around with riding order again anyway. Wouldn’t be surprised to see King at 5 with Emil at 3 or 4 in some meetings. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

584CAC6A-C2A2-439E-B691-D15B460191A0.png

And don't forget Bradley Wilson-Dean 

• Haha 3

On 2/28/2023 at 5:16 AM, TB1 said:

Does anyone know what day press and practice is? I know they don't officially advertise it but presumably people just turn up and walk in like in previous years.

<snip excessive carriage returns>

I didn't think they've allowed people in to watch for quite a few years - something to do with health & safety, insurance, etc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I didn't think they've allowed people in to watch for quite a few years - something to do with health & safety, insurance, etc.

Correct although that seems to have been relaxed in the last couple of years. They did say if they let people in they would have to count it as an official fixture but the last couple of years I’ve known a few who have been let in without any issue so who knows what the official line is these days. Maybe presenter will know

I think it's a case of officially there are no supporters allowed,,, but the gate is open and if people happened to walk in,, they won't stop you,, providing thousands don't turn up.

I always used to love going to P and P day when we were officially allowed.  Haven't been since they changed that,,,, but this year I may just turn up and see if the gate is open 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

I think it's a case of officially there are no supporters allowed,,, but the gate is open and if people happened to walk in,, they won't stop you,, providing thousands don't turn up.

I always used to love going to P and P day when we were officially allowed.  Haven't been since they changed that,,,, but this year I may just turn up and see if the gate is open 

When is press and practice day?

On 3/1/2023 at 11:09 AM, Arch Stanton said:

I thought that initially, but from the admittedly few clips I’ve seen of Rew, he looks a carbon copy style wise as King. Both favour the outside line so would it make sense to pair them up if they’re both gonna target the same bit of track? Where as Riss is more a white liner so could make a good pair with either King or Rew. Think Hawkins will play around with riding order again anyway. Wouldn’t be surprised to see King at 5 with Emil at 3 or 4 in some meetings. 

Imo Having Emil at 5 is a must as there will be no pressure on the reserve who’s with him,having Rew at no2 is the best way as king and Riss have plenty of experience and it will give Rew time to bed in partnered with Doyle,so I’d go with 

1 Doyle

2 Rew

3 King

4 Riss

5 Emil

6 Hume

7 Thomas 

am looking forward to seeing how the witches get on hopefully Richie Hawkins doesn’t balls this season up as it’s there best chance to win Gold in a long time 

• Like 1

I don't see the issue of letting people in on p and p day as it would officially be classed as a meeting. After all its not as if we run 30 odd meetings a season like we did in years gone by.