British Speedway Forum

31 minutes ago, stu219 said:

Should always be very careful what you hint at. Match fixing in any sport is a no no and to hint that it may happen is not the best idea unless you have conclusive proof. Always easy though on social media. Maybe some should think before they type?

and if you are wrong it would not go amiss to say that you messed up and got it wrong?

Or perhaps the number highlighting the potential for it meant that it couldn't happen ;):P

As the saying goes "for evil to prosper it only takes good men to do nothing" :D

5 hours ago, Baldyman said:

He is the best rider I've ever seen at that age,, why wouldn't anyone want to sign him,,, and with our fantastic sponsor,, we would be daft not to. Need to get him before a Polish club offers him big money. 

That's big praise. Not seen him yet but has to go some to be better than Lee or Nicholls. 

Edited by SPEEDY69

2 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

That's big praise. Not seen him yet but had to go some to be better than Lee. 

Michael Lee was certainly the best 16 year old I have ever seen. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

That's big praise. Not seen him yet but has to go some to be better than Lee or Nicholls. 

Well I never saw Lee at that age,,, but yeah I would say easily in the same class as Nicholls at that age,,, with less time on a speedway/grass bike 

I hope he doesn't pick up any injuries then. Should be good for a premiership berth next season. 

Why would he want to go to Ipswich and have Richie Hawkins guidance? Blokes a drip 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

I think he was British champion at 17 wasn t he? And there was some stiff competition. 

17 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Why would he want to go to Ipswich and have Richie Hawkins guidance? Blokes a drip 

Well there is always that,,, hopefully Hawkins won't be around next year 

14 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

Robert Lambert was sensational at 15 although he was quite experienced by then having been able to participate in Germany from a younger age. Sometimes, though, riders who look equally good , for whatever reason, fail to progress. Those who spring to mind include David Howe, Edward Kennett, Steve Boxall and, more recently, Kyle Bickley (twice 125cc World Champion).

1 hour ago, tocha said:

Robert Lambert was sensational at 15 although he was quite experienced by then having been able to participate in Germany from a younger age. Sometimes, though, riders who look equally good , for whatever reason, fail to progress. Those who spring to mind include David Howe, Edward Kennett, Steve Boxall and, more recently, Kyle Bickley (twice 125cc World Champion).

Agreed Lambert was certainly very good at the age of 15/16 although some way short of what Michael Lee was achieving at such a young age.

As you rightly say some riders look very impressive at 15/16 but fail to progress as might have been expected.

Others like Jason Doyle of course rise to the top once their teenage years have passed.

Edited by WembleyLion
  • Like 1

Sad to hear no Wolves next season... Cook and Douglas (if not a Peterboro) for next season?

On 7/30/2023 at 5:47 PM, Baldyman said:

I see boughen failed to get a point tonight, how did he look (if you were there of course)? 

4 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I see boughen failed to get a point tonight, how did he look (if you were there of course)? 

On pace all night , but was struggling out of the start.

He was the only rider Laguta beat though 

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

6 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

He struggled out the gate and at the first bend but after that he was on the pace, big future.

I hope people realise he has only been riding a speedway bike for just over a year,,,, please don't expect him to be scoring big points in the top league yet,,, but trust me,, he has one hell of a future ahead of him. 

• Like 2