British Speedway Forum

Looks like we will have to weaken the team again for the second year running so we will be very interested in a very good 4 pointer who seems to like the NSS. Can the Australian  team manager have any influence ? .

Thing is with Riss tho is if he is riding unfit for most the season how come now and again he has a cracking meeting? 

13 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Thing is with Riss tho is if he is riding unfit for most the season how come now and again he has a cracking meeting? 

Cracking is a bit of a stretch Pinny (not sure if he has for Redcar?)  but he’s done ok in a few meetings without ever looking like his old self. His biggest asset has always been his gating and that has remained sharp. It’s after the first bend when the problems start. Sometimes he’s managed to pin it tight to the white line and hang on for points here and there but more often than not he’s looked slow and been easily passed far too often. Nowhere near the rider we’ve seen in previous seasons. No idea if it’s been the same at Redcar only their fans can tell you that. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

Looks like we will have to weaken the team again for the second year running so we will be very interested in a very good 4 pointer who seems to like the NSS. Can the Australian  team manager have any influence ? .

I think you will try keep kurtz as number 1 and probably keep Bewley. Got a feeling blodorn and lidsley will be the ones making the move somewhere else to keep the majority of the team together. 

1. Kurtz

2. ?

3. Brennan

4. Wright

5. Bewley

6. ?

7. RS

6 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Yes

Does that include the 2 matches Ipswich rode after the August cut off for averages?

Oh no, I was hoping for another brilliant centre green invasion at Foxhall when we lift the trophy :)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Badge said:

No no no  not the Monday...bl@@dy Road closed Monday to Wednesday with all traffic passing through our village :cry:

You better hope we can pull back the 10pts at Sheffield on Thursday then lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Yes

No

Hume has dropped below 4 (to 3.87) so from 1 October Rew should be back in the top 5.

Edited by arnieg

Might be missing something, but on the latest issue of the averages it says 'new average if applicable, effective from the date stated'... although I can't see mention of a date?

10 minutes ago, MP78 said:

Might be missing something, but on the latest issue of the averages it says 'new average if applicable, effective from the date stated'... although I can't see mention of a date?

From the timing one infers these are up to 23rd of the month (Sept) effective 1 October. But it does look like an oversight.

16 minutes ago, arnieg said:

From the timing one infers these are up to 23rd of the month (Sept) effective 1 October. But it does look like an oversight.

arnieg (or anyone else) you seem to have some knowledge of how the averages work. If you can could you explain to me why on the average chart from 5th of Sept Belle vues team average was 42.66.Then on the average list from the 25th Sept in the green column with no date they have increased to 42,74 with 4 riders having increased there averages and 2 dropping theirs. Now my question is if Belle vue had finished all  their league fixtures on the 28th of August how can their averages have increased from their averages on the 5th of Sept when they have not rode any meetings.Hope all this makes sense.