British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Rew starts at reserve. Hume’s Green Sheet is higher - the Brit discount is only for team building purposes.

5 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I've said this umpteen times,,, but still some dumb arse mo fo don't get it

2 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Rew will be at 6 with Hume in the 1..5 ...

I've heard that rule mentioned on here many times, but until I see it happen won't believe it!

The last instance I can find of this happening is at Birmingham in 2019. James Shanes finished 2018 on a 5.09 ave, with British reduction starts 2019 on a 4.96 ave. He rides at reserve with Tobias Thomsen on a 5.00 ave starting in the team!

Unless the rules have changed since then?

Edited by szkocjasid

1 hour ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Hearing the Emil deal has collapsed. Holder to Ipswich is being finalised.

See its half term week.

53 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

See its half term week.

Poor old Bassoracingfan hears all sorts of voices in his head, if you look at the Peterborough page, Lindgren, Andersen & Cook are coming to fill 2 spaces :party:

2 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Hearing the Emil deal has collapsed. Holder to Ipswich is being finalised.

Those voices in you head are back, which is the loudest? Holder to Ipswich, Lindgren to Peterborough?

Well done to Louis and team.

Every top rider who rides over here can only help the league as a whole out.

1 minute ago, TheSmiler said:

Has it been confirmed or something?

Soon by the sound of things.

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I've heard that rule mentioned on here many times, but until I see it happen won't believe it!

The last instance I can find of this happening is at Birmingham in 2019. James Shanes finished 2018 on a 5.09 ave, with British reduction starts 2019 on a 4.96 ave. He rides at reserve with Tobias Thomsen on a 5.00 ave starting in the team!

Unless the rules have changed since then?

The basic 2.5% reduction would see a rider at reserve or in the main body based on what the average is after the 2.5% has been applied

This is a rising star reduction though of 25% so its purely aimed at encouraging clubs to use those no longer eligible for the rising star scheme to get opportunities so they have a saving on the average to use in team building but ghe original average if higher than the reserves is used for riding order 

So both completely different scenarios for british reductions 

Madness

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

The basic 2.5% reduction would see a rider at reserve or in the main body based on what the average is after the 2.5% has been applied

This is a rising star reduction though of 25% so its purely aimed at encouraging clubs to use those no longer eligible for the rising star scheme to get opportunities so they have a saving on the average to use in team building but the original average if higher than the reserves is used for riding order 

So both completely different scenarios for british reductions 

Madness

The comments I read suggested as well as Brennan (4.40) being in the team & Lidsey (5.16) at reserve, we'd also see King (8.05) at number one for Redcar not Riss (8.24)?

So I assumed the British reduction rules were the same & couldn't think of a previous time team building averages weren't used for riding order!

• Like 1

If the choice is between Heeps & Hume (my pick) for their last rider, would anyone look at Dillon Ruml or Broc Nicol instead?

Edited by szkocjasid

Ipswich shouldn't count their chickens just yet. 

The British Government are still pushing that every 'world sports governing bodies' suspend Russian & Belarusian athletes from competing. 

Only those that have citizenship outside of these countries pre-2019 are expected to be exempt. 

I'm watching this situation pretty closely & for Speedway, Emil & both Laguta's will remain suspended as they claimed citizenships in 2021/2022.

There are a lot of associations pushing back & threatening sanctions against UK athletes if the British Government persist.