British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I do feel the RS system should be in both the Champ & Prem though.

The absurdity is that it doesn't exist in the Championship, the place where if could be of most benefit.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Batch last year was a good example of this - mosty  BPs for the  Witches and almost the rest of the league I  think

League matches (inc play-offs) joint 1st with Richie Worrall 26 each

3rd Connor Mountain 24

On 6/14/2023 at 9:38 AM, szkocjasid said:

The problem with race suits, is when one of the team doesn't wear one & stands out & looks really bad - wouldn't be noticeable of teams were race jackets. So if they have to have team suits - then you've gotta enforce that ruling imo

Joe had a racesuit at the beginning of the season!

1 hour ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Batch last year was a good example of this - mosty  BPs for the  Witches and almost the rest of the league I  think

His true worth was so high he didn't get a team place anywhere 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

Joe had a racesuit at the beginning of the season!

He borrowed jack Thomas suit for the press photos and has been using his own set since then. 
personally I thought not getting him a suit looked a temporary signing and probably didn’t make him feel part of the team.   

• Like 2

You can still get a bonus point finishing half a lap behind your partner in a 3 rider race. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, arnieg said:

The absurdity is that it doesn't exist in the Championship, the place where if could be of most benefit.

I'm sure the R/S would have been in the Championship if 7 of the clubs hadn't voted for a reduced points limit of 40 pts rather than the previously discussed 42 points!!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm sure the R/S would have been in the Championship if 7 of the clubs hadn't voted for a reduced points limit of 40 pts rather than the previously discussed 42 points!!

Why? They voted out the RS system in 2022, what makes you think it would've been brought back in for 2023?

Seems like Erik is still really struggling with his health which is a worry. Hopefully he is on the mend soon and hasn’t rushed back too quick  https://www.erikriss.com/2023/06/14/issue-8-back-in-business/?fbclid=IwAR24EZtnuySq-ntpYZmtrRuwgQWYyev2_mZdwDOaUcH7QKsudxxqiM9Hxno_aem_th_AdfaEgqqjrwomXbZ3cZ26ij3vgr_C0a-5lBieD_HhETLESUxwXytRBq8GcwA0vGZsJg

Edited by ThinBlueWitch

49 minutes ago, ThinBlueWitch said:

Seems like Erik is still really struggling with his health which is a worry. Hopefully he is on the mend soon and hasn’t rushed back too quick  https://www.erikriss.com/2023/06/14/issue-8-back-in-business/?fbclid=IwAR24EZtnuySq-ntpYZmtrRuwgQWYyev2_mZdwDOaUcH7QKsudxxqiM9Hxno_aem_th_AdfaEgqqjrwomXbZ3cZ26ij3vgr_C0a-5lBieD_HhETLESUxwXytRBq8GcwA0vGZsJg

personally I find Erik's description of his symptoms and situation very disturbing. He's confessing to racing with blurred vision!  Then thinking about whether to do it again. At what point, should he have to pass some sort of fitness test, before riding again. Not sure I'd want to be one of the other three lining up along side him when he admits his vision is blurred!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Baldyman said:

You can still get a bonus point finishing half a lap behind your partner in a 3 rider race. 

Indeed!!

I suppose it is still the situation, but Poland doesn't award bonus points in '3 rider 3 alls' and '2 rider 5-0s'.

Certainly that seems to motivate riders to finish a race, rather than simply pull-up and retire from the race when well at the back.

I remember talking to a rider on one particular visit to Poland a few years ago, he remarked 'They wouldn't dare not to finish otherwise they'd be robbing a fellow professional of income.' 

23 minutes ago, GregoryM said:

Indeed!!

I suppose it is still the situation, but Poland doesn't award bonus points in '3 rider 3 alls' and '2 rider 5-0s'.

Certainly that seems to motivate riders to finish a race, rather than simply pull-up and retire from the race when well at the back.

I remember talking to a rider on one particular visit to Poland a few years ago, he remarked 'They wouldn't dare not to finish otherwise they'd be robbing a fellow professional of income.' 

Ironic then that some of the best for giving up when at the back have been poles!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, arnieg said:

League matches (inc play-offs) joint 1st with Richie Worrall 26 each

3rd Connor Mountain 24

he had a great season was really impressed the times I saw him ride at Owlerton

3 hours ago, ThinBlueWitch said:

Shouldnt be allowed anywhere near a speedway bike if thats the case.

hope he gets sorted though 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Shouldnt be allowed anywhere near a speedway bike if thats the case.

hope he gets sorted though 

I am amazed at his honesty.!

If you can't see properly, how can you race a 60mph bike with no brakes?

If there is an unfortunate incident whilst he is racing, surely he would be potentially liable?...seems that risk needs to be taken out of Erik's hands!

• Like 2