British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, GAH said:

sheffield will be in the final for sure and lambert will be even better there than last time you seen him there for sure :t:

I hope so one of the things i like to see is good riders blasting round Owlerton at full pace with some passing thrown in for good measure! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

Apart from a decent team, most punters would probably like to see a well thought out racing programme with at the very least regular fortnightly meetings throughout the summer months, not the situation the three leagues are in.  The play offs should be done and dusted in late August/early September.

What is wrong with those in charge of the sport? For goodness sake start thinking about how to adapt the sport to the domestic market and stop chasing something which is never going to happen, the top overseas riders gracing us with their presence (unless the season is over elsewhere and they see the u k as a soft touch for a few more pounds/euro in the pocket).

Diversify and put on the meeting as an event not just 15 heats over two plus hours and think that is job done. It is not value for money. Dump Eurosport for the domestic racing and let BSN take over the broadcast of meetings, invest in what you have not some pipe dream that televised meetings on a main channel is the panacea.

So much opportunity but it just lacks imagination by the dinosaurs who run the sport.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's some gamble on this years evidence. 

Exstraliga, Lambert 9th - Doyle 16th in the averages. 

SGP's, Lambert 5th - Doyle 10th.

Again, not talking about the GP’s or the Polish league. Let’s see if we get the chance to compare them here next season, I won’t hold my breath. 

23 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's some gamble on this years evidence. 

Exstraliga, Lambert 9th - Doyle 16th in the averages. 

SGP's, Lambert 5th - Doyle 10th.

Would you have confidence that Lambert would come back here and give it 100% in every meeting like Jason Doyle does? I wouldn’t. And that’s pretty shocking to say because one is a Brit and one is an Aussie but there you go. Doyle is worth more to a Premiership club than Lambert. If Lambert does commit to a full season here and you back him to have a better season than Doyle with actual money, you’ll lose it. 

• Like 2

Problem with having Doyle,, leaves the rest of the team weak,,, having said that,, if we hadn't have had Doyle this season,, we would defo of finished bottom 

1 hour ago, GeneralMelchett said:

as the saying goes lets see him do that on  wet night at Stoke!!:D

Would never happen Doyle would whinge and wine until the meeting was cancelled 

36 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Would you have confidence that Lambert would come back here and give it 100% in every meeting like Jason Doyle does? I wouldn’t. And that’s pretty shocking to say because one is a Brit and one is an Aussie but there you go. Doyle is worth more to a Premiership club than Lambert. If Lambert does commit to a full season here and you back him to have a better season than Doyle with actual money, you’ll lose it. 

Jason has shown terrific service to UK speedway, only missing the full 2021 season. Not like Lambert who has missed the full 2021 season. 

• Like 2

To be fair Doyle is fantastic on the UK tracks if not quite so good in Poland and GP's any more. If we get some big names back next year Robert included it wil be interesting to see who finishes top dog.

6 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Anyway,,, back to reality,, the world's hottest prospect won't be allowed to race here. If Polish is an aim,, it has to be lower grade,,, like a Wozniak or Woryna,,, but I doubt they are the type of riders we would be talking to. 

How is Szymon Wozniak or Kacper Woryna lower grade than Jakub Miskowiak :rofl: Do you watch the ekstraliga results at all??

none of them would even think about racing here anyway

39 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Problem with having Doyle,, leaves the rest of the team weak,,, 

It is and it will be an issue as it’ll almost certainly leave you exposed in other areas. There’s a solid argument that you’re better off going with a modest number 1 and packing in potent reserves. Peterborough last year were proof of that. Reserves win you meetings and they always had a potent one no matter who it was. 

I’d still have him back though! 

43 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Problem with having Doyle,, leaves the rest of the team weak,,, having said that,, if we hadn't have had Doyle this season,, we would defo of finished bottom 

Love watching the top riders it makes you appreciate how good they are compared to the rest 

• Like 2

How about this:

Team Manager Crump

1 Doyle 10.32

2 Hume 4.09

3 Klindt 7.39

4 Riss 6.00

5 Iversen 7.59

6.Starke 3.53

7.Rowe 3.00

Total 41.92

19 minutes ago, 2ndbend said:

How about this:

Team Manager Crump

1 Doyle 10.32

2 Hume 4.09

3 Klindt 7.39

4 Riss 6.00

5 Iversen 7.59

6.Starke 3.53

7.Rowe 3.00

Total 41.92

Yes. 

On 9/30/2022 at 8:41 PM, Arch Stanton said:

Nicholls will never be back at Foxhall as a home rider under the current set up. 

I can well remember that being said about Tungate

Just now, bigcatdiary said:

I can well remember that being said about Tungate

Again, absolutely nothing alike. Yes, was still a big surprise that Louis brought Tungate back in, but Nicholls back to Ipswich is currently not just unlikely, but impossible.