British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

True ...but weak reserves then ....

Reserve maybe, not reserves. Other than Flint, Jack Thomas will more than hold his own against all the others. There’s stronger reserves than Hume no doubt, but he’ll chip in particularly at home. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yeah you’re right. Could you in theory pull a fast one and use this 25% discount to strengthen pretty quickly? Signs on a 3 for team building purposes using the 25% and then replace with a rider using his real average when the season starts.

Pretty shi tty way to treat someone though and I’m pretty sure Louis wouldn’t do that. Only Poole would stoop that low :D

One other bonus to pulling the fast one is first two league meetings are H&A against Peterborough so the other riders wont have a need to throttle back as they will be getting pumped anyway :D

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Reserve maybe, not reserves. Other than Flint, Jack Thomas will more than hold his own against all the others. There’s stronger reserves than Hume no doubt, but he’ll chip in particularly at home. 

True ....Flint is the best RS....needs to prove it .....especially  at home ....

On 1/8/2023 at 7:18 PM, TTT said:

Don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't want Emil in my side if it resulted in Hume having to ride in the 1-5.

You'd get more points out of an engine room combo.

On 1/8/2023 at 7:47 PM, Arch Stanton said:

Depends what you’re looking for as a fan. Would you rather pay your money and watch Emil? Or would you rather watch a Worrall/Cook  combo (with all due respect to them) that would probably fetch more points? I’m with you I think I’d probably go for the strongest looking duo which gives the best chance of success. But I’ll bet there’s plenty who’d rather go for the Emil option even if that means looking weaker overall. 

I think you’d both be in the minority and not even close. Would you get more of a buzz queuing for the first meeting knowing you’re about to see a combo of Ritchie Worrall and Hans Andersen or Emil Sayfutdinov? I think the vast majority of supporters up and down the country would take the hit of having a weaker second rider if it meant watching Emil every other week. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

I think you’d both be in the minority and not even close. Would you get more of a buzz queuing for the first meeting knowing you’re about to see a combo of Ritchie Worrall and Hans Andersen or Emil Sayfutdinov? I think the vast majority of supporters up and down the country would take the hit of having a weaker second rider if it meant watching Emil every other week. 

I'd personally want a team that can challenge for the title when push comes to shove rather than an unbalanced side that'll rack up losses galore just for the sake of having another big name rider to watch.

Tail end of Rew, Hume & Thomas doesn't hold up away from home and that's not good when bonus points will play a big role in 2023. I could honestly see Ipswich losing every meeting away from home next season with that tail end tbh. Could also lose a fair share at Home if Emil/Rew don't get dialled in from Day 1.

So if I was in Louis' position I'm going all out for Richie Worrall who's a very experienced rider around all tracks and a very solid scorer around Foxhall then I'm going for Andersen or Batchelor to complete the side because Batchelor always rides well with Doyle, Andersen is brilliant around Foxhall and it'll keep Rew at reserve.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TTT said:

I'd personally want a team that can challenge for the title when push comes to shove rather than an unbalanced side that'll rack up losses galore just for the sake of having another big name rider to watch.

Tail end of Rew, Hume & Thomas doesn't hold up away from home and that's not good when bonus points will play a big role in 2023. I could honestly see Ipswich losing every meeting away from home next season with that tail end tbh. Could also lose a fair share at Home if Emil/Rew don't get dialled in from Day 1.

So if I was in Louis' position I'm going all out for Richie Worrall who's a very experienced rider around all tracks and a very solid scorer around Foxhall then I'm going for Andersen or Batchelor to complete the side because Batchelor always rides well with Doyle, Andersen is brilliant around Foxhall and it'll keep Rew at reserve.

Completely disagree. You don’t pass up the opportunity of signing Sayfutdinov if the chance is there. Just look at the excitement generated on your Peterborough thread when Carpman dangled his rod and hooked a few! A top two of Doyle and Sayfutdinov will get the turnstiles clicking and generate huge enthusiasm.

Don’t completely agree with your tail end comments either. You can forget Thomas because every club has a rising star and he’ll be fine. Rew is a top talent, I’m convinced he’ll be fine too although you can never be sure until the action starts. That just leaves Hume who admittedly will be one of the weaker reserves in the league but he’s an improving rider who’ll mix it. 

• Like 2

Surely Ippo fans would take it, no?? 

1. Jason Doyle 10.32

2. Erik Riss 6.00 

3. Emil Sayfutdinov 6.00

4. Richie Worrall 6.15

5. Danny King 6.41

6. Keynan Rew 4.00

7. Jack Thomas (RS)

Total: 38.88

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

1. Jason Doyle 10.32

2. Erik Riss 6.00 

3. Emil Sayfutdinov 6.00

4. Richie Worrall 6.15

5. Danny King 6.41

6. Keynan Rew 4.00

7. Jack Thomas (RS)

Obviously yes, but Emil won’t be on a 6 if it gets done, pretty sure of that. 

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

1. Jason Doyle 10.32

2. Erik Riss 6.00 

3. Emil Sayfutdinov 6.00

4. Richie Worrall 6.15

5. Danny King 6.41

6. Keynan Rew 4.00

7. Jack Thomas (RS)

Worrall is at Peterborough. 

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

How many meeting until Rew gets an official average?

4 h 4 A normally,, but who knows these days 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

How many meeting until Rew gets an official average?

17 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

4 h 4 A normally,, but who knows these days 

Think it has been reduced to 3 and 3 again

2 hours ago, TTT said:

The race format doesn't work with a "balanced" line-up, unless you've got a guaranteed high scoring reserve. Two big name riders will cover a majority of the heats, especially 13 & 15.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TTT said:

When you're paying £22 for 15/16 minutes of racing you want to see Emil racing not Worrall and Hans! 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

True ...but weak reserves then ....

11 hours ago, TTT said:

Tail end of Rew, Hume & Thomas doesn't hold up away from home

Take Rew out of the equation for a moment because he’ll be swapping with Hume after the first set of averages. The away from home bit is interesting, have you seen Ben Cook’s stats away from Poole? Cook’s 2022 GSA was 5.69, Hume’s GSA was 5.54 so very little in it. Hume did have a spell at reserve, but so did Ben Cook. The home and away split is where it’s gets interesting. 

Hume’s GSA split for Glasgow was 5.39 home, and 5.73 away so his GSA for the season was better away than at home. 

Cook’s split was home 6.93, and rather worryingly 4.32 away, nearly a point and a half less than Hume’s! That tells us he had a liking for the Poole track but was a poor traveler. 

Jack Thomas by the way had a GSA of 5.39 as apposed to Jenkins’ 4.46. Not sure Peterborough’s tail end will hold up away from home either..