British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw GP Saturday May 13th 2023

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Didn't see what the outrage was all about. 50/50 call for me. Zmarzlik had got ahead of Doyle

Regarding out-of-control riders-Bewley knew he messed up. If he would have kept the throttle wound on he would have passed Lindgren. He got a bit spooked and knocked the throttle off killing his race. If you want to be world champion you don't knock the throttle off there. Zmarzlik, Lindgren or Doyle wouldn't. Keep it wound on or react quicker. Should come with experience.

I think Dan's serious injury of a few years ago could play on his mind a bit..

He often leaves "the door open" underneath him and gets passed by those who basically dont turn until they hit the bend...

The 3 riders you mention, and Madsen, are particularly good at that..

Ruthlessly "shutting that door" is what the top riders do as they "turn left" to clamp their opponents on the line, make them lock up and lose all momentum..

Woofy too nowadays often gets rode under, where he used to be very good at leaning across an opponent, lock up accordingly, stoppjng the run of his opponent, but keep moving himself forward....

GP Speedway certainly isnt for the faint hearted and is great to watch. .

Laguta and Emil would be great additions to the series....

Hopefuly both back next year, as they are also riders who go full pelt in every situation..

Sunday night I watched the gp highlights on Discovery+. One hour program and they covered majority of the races. It confirmed my thinking from Saturday night live….. it was a very good gp, plenty of racing, full of thrills. And now comes Prague………

8 hours ago, mikebv said:

I think Dan's serious injury of a few years ago could play on his mind a bit..

He often leaves "the door open" underneath him and gets passed by those who basically dont turn until they hit the bend...

The 3 riders you mention, and Madsen, are particularly good at that..

Ruthlessly "shutting that door" is what the top riders do as they "turn left" to clamp their opponents on the line, make them lock up and lose all momentum..

Woofy too nowadays often gets rode under, where he used to be very good at leaning across an opponent, lock up accordingly, stoppjng the run of his opponent, but keep moving himself forward....

GP Speedway certainly isnt for the faint hearted and is great to watch. .

Laguta and Emil would be great additions to the series....

Hopefuly both back next year, as they are also riders who go full pelt in every situation..

i think Bewley spooked zmarzlik when he dropped it on him in his 1st race:rofl:

Edited by DazS

33 minutes ago, DazS said:

i think Bewley spooked zmarzlik when he dropped it on him in his 1st race:rofl:

Don't think anything spooks Bart !

17 hours ago, gbrussell said:

Someone said earlier that c) might not apply in World Championship events. I’m not sure one way or the other. Can someone please confirm.

It doesn’t, the FIM rule book is very clear. 

IMG_3645.png

9 hours ago, Duane said:

IMG_3645.png

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong, but , noting that the regs you posted above says (except FIM Speedway Grand Prix world championship series) can you show the actual regulation that says a race cannot be awarded. I can't see it in my copy.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong, but , noting that the regs you posted above says (except FIM Speedway Grand Prix world championship series) can you show the actual regulation that says a race cannot be awarded. I can't see it in my copy.

And while you're at it with the regs... is there anything in there about unfair or dangerous riding, there are in the British regs not sure about FIM

26 minutes ago, iainb said:

And while you're at it with the regs... is there anything in there about unfair or dangerous riding, there are in the British regs not sure about FIM

All Regs are available for download from the FIM website. All you need to know | FIM (fim-moto.com)

Click on the CCP tab on the 'Owner' list.

Edited by Gambo
CCP info added.
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Duane said:

IMG_3645.png

I have just had confirmation from a FIM  GP official that this rule DOES apply in GP`s

c) if the referee has cause to stop a heat after the leading rider has passed the start/finish line to commence the last lap, the referee has the sole discretion to award the heat based upon the positions of the competitors at the time the heat was caused to be stopped.
The disqualified rider will be awarded no points and any competitors behind the disqualified riders will advance one place.

Edit i have just watched the final crash again and it`s difficult to see when the Red light came on and whether Jack Holder had just started the final lap. What i do know was that either he just had or was mighty close to starting it. If he hadn`t obviously the referee had no option to award.

Edited by racers and royals

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

I have just had confirmation from a FIM  GP official that this rule DOES apply in GP`s

c) if the referee has cause to stop a heat after the leading rider has passed the start/finish line to commence the last lap, the referee has the sole discretion to award the heat based upon the positions of the competitors at the time the heat was caused to be stopped.
The disqualified rider will be awarded no points and any competitors behind the disqualified riders will advance one place.

Edit i have just watched the final crash again and it`s difficult to see when the Red light came on and whether Jack Holder had just started the final lap. What i do know was that either he just had or was mighty close to starting it. If he hadn`t obviously the referee had no option to award.

Very good.. all I was pointing out was it says (except FIM GP’s) which is what the discussion was about. 

3 hours ago, Gambo said:

Not trying to prove u wrong Gambo, just pointing out it say’s except FIM GP’s. They should delete that from the start of the rule book… actually they could probably remove half the rules anyway ..

22 minutes ago, Duane said:

Very good.. all I was pointing out was it says (except FIM GP’s) which is what the discussion was about. 

Just to clarify Appendix 1a which starts on page 30 of these Regs https://www.fim-moto.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/2023/2023_FIM_Track_Racing_Appendices_-_08.05.2023.pdf?t=1684245011  is indeed an area which doesn`t cover GP`s- the racing rules bit which does cover GP`s  comes well before that under section 10 starting on page 22 of the same regs.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 2