British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue v Ipswich Play off semi 2nd leg 3 Oct

40 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

That’s the the thing though it is against the rules, trouble is the rules are written so badly they can be exploited at will. Strange how we were refused permission to use Tai when Freddy and Jacob got injured in the 2017 semi final. Then again, I doubt we threatened legal action over it.

It would have been pointless as the long term injury rule wasn’t in place then just the old August - no team changes rule. Ridiculous oversight that made the final a sorry none event. Glad they changed it, for all concerned in the spirit of fair play. 

The only problem we have now is all other teams will be feigning injuries to bolster their teams at play off time. As in the past they will produce dodgy sick notes whilst these injured riders compete abroad. Belle Vue have suffered other teams doing that to them on many occasions. Maybe we could get an outside source to monitor this. Bent BSPL/BSF would never stand for that though. 

7 minutes ago, Gordon Pairman said:

I do believe it - because I was co-promoter at the time. Greg was running out of meetings in Poland and Sweden but still had five or six GPs left so was happy to keep match fit. It wasn’t originally known if he’d stay for the play offs - it wasn’t guaranteed when he signed that Poole would even make the play offs - but he chose to stay till the end of the season. 
He worked hard for and with the team, and helped Poole to the title against a very dominant Birmingham. 

If you say so :nono: why do promoters treat and think fans are dumb the big secrets etc when the  fans pay everyone's wages and promoters always tell the truth don't  they :nono:

• Like 1

Christ I used to think old Aljack (the Ipswich fans on here will remember him) was bad but this fella takes the cake.  Deary me!

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Gordon Pairman said:

I do believe it - because I was co-promoter at the time. Greg was running out of meetings in Poland and Sweden but still had five or six GPs left so was happy to keep match fit. It wasn’t originally known if he’d stay for the play offs - it wasn’t guaranteed when he signed that Poole would even make the play offs - but he chose to stay till the end of the season. 
He worked hard for and with the team, and helped Poole to the title against a very dominant Birmingham. 

Poole promoter would say that :rolleyes: other promoters didn't  agree did they :nono:especially the Birmingham promotion :nono::oops:

6 minutes ago, GAH said:

Poole promoter would say that :rolleyes: other promoters didn't  agree did they :nono:especially the Birmingham promotion :nono::oops:

Why are you posting under 2 accounts??? TTT your idol????

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ouch said:

It would have been pointless as the long term injury rule wasn’t in place then just the old August - no team changes rule. Ridiculous oversight that made the final a sorry none event. Glad they changed it, for all concerned in the spirit of fair play. 

The only problem we have now is all other teams will be feigning injuries to bolster their teams at play off time. As in the past they will produce dodgy sick notes whilst these injured riders compete abroad. Belle Vue have suffered other teams doing that to them on many occasions. Maybe we could get an outside source to monitor this. Bent BSPL/BSF would never stand for that though. 

The August no team changes rule is still there. It even says the only team change can be a rider returning from injury. 

28 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

The August no team changes rule is still there. It even says the only team change can be a rider returning from injury. 

Yes, crazy that they missed it when sorting the new rule. I’m glad they created the Tai rule back in the day but even that was poorly written as it failed to take into account long term injuries. That had a devastating effect on the Wolves team, sadly. 

This might be at odds on here and at BSPL towers but we should all want fair play and for teams to adequately cover for hospitalised team members. That’s my desire but I’ll don my tin hat and await the BSF jeers. 

1 hour ago, GAH said:

I have no idea who you are but I suggest you take care in accusing me of lying. No promotion objected to Poole’s legal redeclaration. Where is your evidence to the contrary?

11 minutes ago, Gordon Pairman said:

I have no idea who you are but I suggest you take care in accusing me of lying. No promotion objected to Poole’s legal redeclaration. Where is your evidence to the contrary?

no one accused anyone of lying where as that come from ??? if that's the reason poole signed hancock fair enough !! my apologies to you if it came across that way 

Edited by GAH

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Why are you posting under 2 accounts??? TTT your idol????

Only two?

He/She/They/Prefer to not identify, is half the forum... :D

12 minutes ago, GAH said:

no one accused anyone of lying where as that come from ??? if that's the reason poole signed hancock fair enough !! my apologies to you if it came across that way 

Just guessing maybe because you said this

“If you say so :nono: why do promoters treat and think fans are dumb the big secrets etc when the  fans pay everyone's wages and promoters always tell the truth don't  they :nono:”

and this

“Poole promoter would say that :rolleyes: other promoters didn't  agree did they :nono:especially the Birmingham promotion :nono::oops:“

maybe think a bit more in future before posting, just a suggestion

When Tai came back it got me to attend to watch him...

And a few others I met up with who didint go regularly, and still dont...

Didn't care who won, as it doesnt really matter does it? 

But it was great to watch genuine world class talent on a Speedway bike..

Similar to when Hancock came back and similar to watching young Robert Lambert..

Sit back, put your feet up, open up a cold one, and watch true talent...

Not a bad way to spend an evening...

If my lad hasnt got a game we will go to the final, again with a fair few lapsed/ex fans...

Hopefully 2 GP stars there.  Should be good..

21 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Only two?

He/She/They/Prefer to not identify, is half the forum... :D

No no no. This is just GAH and NSS1

the others are a different person. 

these 2 are called Geoff Daniels 

35 minutes ago, mikebv said:

When Tai came back it got me to attend to watch him...

And a few others I met up with who didint go regularly, and still dont...

Didn't care who won, as it doesnt really matter does it? 

But it was great to watch genuine world class talent on a Speedway bike..

Similar to when Hancock came back and similar to watching young Robert Lambert..

Sit back, put your feet up, open up a cold one, and watch true talent...

Not a bad way to spend an evening...

If my lad hasnt got a game we will go to the final, again with a fair few lapsed/ex fans...

Hopefully 2 GP stars there.  Should be good..

Tai always got a great reception at Belle Vue!!!

10 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

For starters over 1000 advanced ticket sales in grandstand. Probably 100 more on day if not more. The craven was full that holds about 200

about 600 in south stand last night at a gues. Easily over 1500 there but still small for a semi 

My ticket number for south stand was over 1000 Phil.