British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

Congratulations to the pie rats. Hit form at the right time in the season by the end pretty far ahead of the other teams. Farce or not the best team probably won 

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Fingers crossed! Cook brothers are a must for 2023. Hoping we can keep top 3 and maybe only see 1 change. All down to the limit now, let’s hope it’s 40 or 41. 

Top 3?! I'd be surprised if other promoters let us do that again! 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Top 3?! I'd be surprised if other promoters let us do that again! 

Ritchards average is just under 8 with the 2.5% reduction. 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Essex said:

Do we think Ablitt would improve enough to be worthy of a team place next season.This season he hasn't won a race and would the Ford's build a 6 man team again as that's really what we had this season although it worked out well.

He has had a couple of paid wins at Poole though. 

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Well done Poole on winning the playoffs, congratulations Leicester on winning the league. 

I didn't see Leicester collecting there trophy for winning the league, was there one 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A long day for travelling Poole fans who made the arduous journey to Kings Lynn yesterday, but worth every mile. An early start to the meeting and few delays after heat one meant we were able to celebrate and leave the stadium a little after 9pm, meaning I was back at home in Poole by 1am. 

What was surprising was the similar size to the Leicester and Poole fans in attendance, considering the distances having to travel. Only about 5-600 there with the difference being made up by the local supporters. A real shame but not unexpected that the crowd was so low. But a special mention to Buster who laid on a proper racetrack that gave the riders the opportunity to race and pass. Best I have ever seen it and harks back to the racing of the 80’s videos on YouTube.

Would Leicester have won the title if the meeting taken place at their home track? I don’t think so. Perhaps I am bound to say that but the Poole team would simply not be denied last night. There was utter determination from the Poole riders and after about heat 7 the Leicester riders heads dropped. 

Special mention for Richard Lawson who shared his knowledge of the track with setups and on the track walk pointing out all the racing lines. As for the Cooks, both on their first visit, astounding to be honest. Ben Cooks double pass of Dan Thompson and home track rider Richie Worrall in heat 6 was quite incredible, then repeated in heat 8 and 15.

And let’s not forget Middlo, who showed why he is the best in the business. Another title to add to the many. Top bloke as well.

I think next season Poole will retain two of the three heat leaders with Ben Cook coming in as third heat leader and Zack as second string. 

With Trackrat and you having the same profile picture, i wonder if he will change it to your new one :cheers:

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Pretty sure the ink has dried on that contract. 
Can we keep the top 3 under the point limit?

King, Worrall, Lawson, Ben & Zach, Complin and Ablitt?

pooles total team ave is just over 43.03 and with team ave being 40 next year could drop a 5 pointer and get another 2 pointer but would the same top 5 be enough to carry 2@2pointers 

2 hours ago, mac101 said:

pooles total team ave is just over 43.03 and with team ave being 40 next year could drop a 5 pointer and get another 2 pointer but would the same top 5 be enough to carry 2@2pointers 

No. Always need one reserve going well. Would not want that much pressure on two 2 pointers. Bit unfair really. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mac101 said:

The Brit 2.5% reduction reduces the current 1-7 down to just over 42 but I still think 3 changes depending on the final team rules.;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Cough - Plymouth - May :)

is there any new 2.00 coming up through the system that would be any better? I honestly don’t know. Maybe there is someone but would they score more than Nathan?

Not asked Garry but believe he'd take a punt

No Team will take two 2 pointers, that’s 8 heats of potential 0’s you’re looking at. Poole managed to carry one with three 0’s per meeting and making the points up with their number 6.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

The Brit 2.5% reduction reduces the current 1-7 down to just over 42 but I still think 3 changes depending on the final team rules.;)

I’m going with Danny, Drew and Nathan.

2 hours ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting please? Thanks in advance

Here you go, in order 62.63. 62.97. 62.71. 62.34. 62.31. 62.52. 62.84. 62.87. 63.89. 62.08. 63.12. 62.80. 62.50. 63.47. 63.04.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

I’m going with Danny, Drew and Nathan.

Would be very disappointed to keep Steve over Danny. King Lawson Cook Cook should be nailed on for next season on their current Averages 

• Like 2