British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

18 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Good. Needs one of Glasgow or Oxford to join them for an 8-8 split in the two leagues. Increased points limit in the top tier, more riders apparently available, creating a bigger divide between the two leagues with doubling up slowly being phased out over the coming years. It’s a plan of sorts at least. 

Have read that Oxford were interested but CAN'T at moment as Dogs would need Stadium for Racing on Monday / Thursday and obiously TOTE income is fundamental to their business plan.

Besides if they can attract 1500-2000 to CL and 500-800 to NDL on a Wednesday night why would they take a gamble. 

Glasgow rumoured to be considering, Poole won't go back up in what may be last season their Stadium in available and hard to see anyone else in CL taking such a move?

8-8 would be ideal, 7-9 is at least nearer the aim of 8-8 surely?

• Like 1

I will be working to build a Premiership team which is fully able to compete at that level, and I’m confident we will be able to do so.

“I do think there are advantages for the supporters with this, especially the increase in local derbies with the likes of Wolverhampton, Peterborough and Sheffield, and we’ll also look forward to welcoming their fans to Leicester.

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Does if they want to save money

But do they? Just speculation on here.

Not sure losing their two (now three) local derbies would do that anyway.

Couple of solid options for Lions could be Nicholls and Lawson. 

Nicholls did a great job there in CL. Track would suit him more than Peterborough and a nice average. 

Lawson always rated by Dickson and another who rides track well. His average has gone up in 22 but he may feel more secure there? Bates family ditched him just before 2021 season at Sheffield but reason for that now seems sorted. 

Would make a solid starting point 

Probable Connor Mountain would be a reserve pick too. 

33 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I will be working to build a Premiership team which is fully able to compete at that level, and I’m confident we will be able to do so.

“I do think there are advantages for the supporters with this, especially the increase in local derbies with the likes of Wolverhampton, Peterborough and Sheffield, and we’ll also look forward to welcoming their fans to Leicester.

So Glasgow wont be moving up if as you have said eleswhere Basso is returning to Peterborough 

Edited by scoobydoo

43 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

Peterborough are going Championship, belle vue paid for the use of lambert by letting Kurtz ride for Leicester, sorted

How does Lambert riding for belle Vue and Kurtz possible going to Leicester next year have any links at all.

hope 2023 in the premiership goes well for the lions sadly it means i will no longer be able to watch live due to the thursday switch 

12 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

So Glasgow wont be moving up if as you have said eleswhere Basso is returning to Peterborough 

Correct 

38 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Love how Speedway makes up local Derbys, 70 odd mile between Leicester and Sheffield.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SUPERACE said:

Love how Speedway makes up local Derbys, 70 odd mile between Leicester and Sheffield.

That is local compared to Leicester - Glasgow, Leicester - Plymouth!

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

That is local compared to Leicester - Glasgow, Leicester - Plymouth!

But it might as well be just as far if you cannot cover the distance on a school night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Track has consistently produced the best Speedway I have seen anywhere this year... and riders from better teams than Birmingham will be visiting, so it's not a problem :D

I wish Leicester well, especially now that speedway must be the number one sport in the City  :D

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

But do they? Just speculation on here.

Not sure losing their two (now three) local derbies would do that anyway.

Also if Peterborough stay in the top league its another plus point to put to the local council in Peterborough to retain a televised sport that is running in its highest league available 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

I wish Leicester well, especially now that speedway must be the number one sport in the City  :D

Stewart Dickson is about to take over at the King Power I understand :rofl:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

But it might as well be just as far if you cannot cover the distance on a school night.

Correct Sheffield only bring a handful of fans to Belle Vue and that's 20 odd miles away.

• Like 1