British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

Just now, PhilTheAce said:

I can not believe they picked Allen over mountain. Absolute shocker that. 

sums up British speedway when a Brit improves but means they are penalised 

You can't actually blame the rules this time, giving Mountain & Hume 25% off their aves helps them get a club now they are no longer rising stars. It's the clubs who are at fault in this instance for not "backing the Brits"

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Allen is currently better than Mountain, but if have used Mountain on a lower ave to have a stronger top 5!

Personally I think Mountain is on the way up and Allen is on the way down .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

With the 25% reduction, Mountain starts on a 3.38 ave

1 minute ago, FishersGate said:

Hasn't that been scrapped?

Nope - otherwise Belle Vue's team wouldn't fit!

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

You can't actually blame the rules this time, giving Mountain & Hume 25% off their aves helps them get a club now they are no longer rising stars. It's the clubs who are at fault in this instance for not "backing the Brits"

I would have both , they are both well worth their current averages.

Just now, foreverblue said:

Personally I think Mountain is on the way up and Allen is on the way down .

I agree with that, but still rate Allen above Mountain just now. That said I'd take Cook & Mountain over Sedgmen & Allen.

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Just now, foreverblue said:

I would have both , they are both well worth their current averages.

I wouldn't have them both, as it would mean one having to ride in the top 5!

• Like 1

Just now, szkocjasid said:

I agree with that, but still rate Allen above Mountain just now. That said I'd take Cook & Mountain over Sedgmen & Allen.

I wouldn't take Craig Cook on any average. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

I wouldn't have them both, as it would mean one having to ride in the top 5!

Well no but I would certainly have Hume at Leicester.

Just now, szkocjasid said:

Anyone think Kye Thomson would have been a better choice than Allen?

No, I don't he is good enough for the PL at the moment.

I understand that Mountain has had a good few seasons and do feel he deserves a place somewhere in the prem however I think people are forgetting Jake Allen’s quality. Not long ago he was averaging around 8 in the championship and after a tough last year still averages 6.30 and considering his prem average has been above 5 for a few years to catch him on a 4 points average could well be a steal 

• Like 2

There are some valid arguments on this thread for retaining Connor Mountain. Despite what those involved in the running of the sport might claim though, there is no investment in the future, it’s only about doing the best you can for your club for the upcoming season. Short sighted maybe, but when tracks are closing faster than new ones appearing it’s understandable. It’s not even about a full season because clubs will have tapped up riders who haven’t currently got a British commitment, ready for when the domestic revolving door starts from May onwards.

Choosing Allen is going to be a key decision 

42 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

I understand that Mountain has had a good few seasons and do feel he deserves a place somewhere in the prem however I think people are forgetting Jake Allen’s quality. Not long ago he was averaging around 8 in the championship and after a tough last year still averages 6.30 and considering his prem average has been above 5 for a few years to catch him on a 4 points average could well be a steal 

Spot on , great signing and very good competitive team , Allen won’t be in reserve for long ,expect a good year in 23, fricke great number 1, top heat leaders , no weak links in that line up

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spt82 said:

I've mentioned this before on previous threads, but how are so many posters on this forum not able to spell Sedgmen correctly? Not exactly important but it just annoys me!

I have no problem spelling what I call him - 4 letters , begins with C......:D

• Haha 1