British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

6 hours ago, noaksey said:

Absolutely but people were talking about loopholes and restricted nunber of changes, clubs that want to win things are generally ruthless and why shouldn't they be

Allowing changes on the eve of the playoffs makes a complete mockery of the entire season. Imagine a football team getting to the Championship playoffs then being allowed to sign Mbappe for them.    Fair?

4 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Allowing changes on the eve of the playoffs makes a complete mockery of the entire season. Imagine a football team getting to the Championship playoffs then being allowed to sign Mbappe for them.    Fair?

Comparisons between speedway and football are worthless, speedway teams are built to a points limit so provided you are on or under the limit after the change then what's the issue, some people suggesting that teams should stick with the same riders are often the first to complain and/or stay away when the team is rubbish.

We've had several seasons at Wolves where the team required changing but wasn't and the season fizzled out, I'm all for changes. 

Woffinden for Holder is light years better than guests and r/r

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Imagine a football team putting a better team out through the season by borrowing players from your main rivals for the title? 

With those players doing so well that they prevent their own team, and their own fans (and even themselves) from reaching the play offs.. :D

Having a replacement rider of a similar level is far more acceptable if ever you want to take it seriously..  

35 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Comparisons between speedway and football are worthless, speedway teams are built to a points limit so provided you are on or under the limit after the change then what's the issue, some people suggesting that teams should stick with the same riders are often the first to complain and/or stay away when the team is rubbish.

We've had several seasons at Wolves where the team required changing but wasn't and the season fizzled out, I'm all for changes. 

Woffinden for Holder is light years better than guests and r/r

You’re missing the point, allowing team changes just for the playoffs is wrong. Whatever lineup has got them there should be the riders used for them. Why should anyone who’s boycotted the season be allowed to come in at the last minute, it wouldn’t be allowed in any other team sport. I don’t have a problem with Woffy replacing Holder but Lambert for an uninjured Lawson at the end of August I certainly would.

Edited by Call me wolfie

On 8/8/2023 at 2:47 PM, False dawn said:

I agree, but BV are still dining out on last year's win.

Totally different as we all know. 

I think the issue here is averages.  Robert was unbelievable for belle Vue last season and it had zero effect on his average, if he did half a season here now his average would be well over 9.  Same with Woffy, both on averages well below current ability.  

On 8/8/2023 at 6:32 PM, iainb said:

Maybe a specific number of changes allowed per season... like 1 tac sub per match, maybe 3 allowed team changes per season, or something like that

They tried limiting the number of transfers & using a transfer window last season. That rule lasted ONE SEASON!

Probably because it was poorly written out & "abused" (in the opinion of many)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lewy said:

Cook out lambert in. 3 weeks time. 

That can’t happen. Averages won’t allow it 

He can replace Lawson 

8 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

That can’t happen. Averages won’t allow it 

Time will tell. 

13 minutes ago, lewy said:

Time will tell. 

I’m sure lambert is going there. But don’t think it will fit for cook. Only Lawson unless they make a few changes 

35 minutes ago, lewy said:

Cook out lambert in. 3 weeks time. 

3 weeks time is past the cut off,plus his average won't fit on a like for like basis with Cook.Who else will they get rid of along side Cook?

Just now, Phil The Ace said:

I’m sure lambert is going there. But don’t think it will fit for cook. Only Lawson unless they make a few changes 

Could end up Lambert for Lawson, Lawson for Laguta 

• Like 1