British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

5 hours ago, iainb said:

I'd do it (if it's affordable and providing you can have 2 "rising stars" in 1 team)... Cook is a waste of space, tough on Allen though who I didn't fancy at the start of the season but to be fair has been a pretty decent reserve all season

Yep cannot see anyone that would be better on his average around ALL tracks, fix the track to suit the current riders ,need consistancy there,run a practice meet ,bad move giving bomber the ass,cook was always going to be risky but give him a crack,hasn’t been a consistent rider on thier home turf all season ,must be a solution around track prep

• Haha 1

Any team taking on Cook is a massive gamble, always misses meetings with a variety of reasons be that mental health card, dodgy van, or just doesn’t fancy it, it’s been the same for years now.  They’d have been better going for someone who gives their all each meeting like Mountain and use the points elsewhere to rebuild 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Holder's last average in the UK was 7.16 (back in 2017). Assuming that still stands, by my maths, the following could be accommodated:

Cook & Allen out

Holder & Joe Thompson in.

Overall improvement?

Joe Thompson gone to Poole to replace injured Adam Roynon.

12 minutes ago, PowerfulPierre said:

He's not got a prem team though has he?

18 minutes ago, PowerfulPierre said:

If J.Holder comes back what about Woffy???..under the same banner Sheffield  and Leicester...

8 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

If J.Holder comes back what about Woffy???..under the same banner Sheffield  and Leicester...

I think a way will be found to keep Woffy and Jack in the same team

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yeah true ...But if not Leicester...2 of his teams in the play offs ...If B.V win it u wouldnt want to finish fourth ...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 4BM said:

Any team taking on Cook is a massive gamble, always misses meetings with a variety of reasons be that mental health card, dodgy van, or just doesn’t fancy it, it’s been the same for years now.  They’d have been better going for someone who gives their all each meeting like Mountain and use the points elsewhere to rebuild 

I agree with your sentiment that Cook is a strange move but please, "Mental health card"  Shows a huge amount of disrespect for the many people who deal with issues or care for those that do.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, NickB said:

I agree with your sentiment that Cook is a strange move but please, "Mental health card"  Shows a huge amount of disrespect for the many people who deal with issues or care for those that do.

what I was saying was he uses that when it seems to suit, he may suffer with it but it seems that speedway isn’t helping him,  a lot with him is to do with issues outside of speedway I know he had a big thing happen over the winter that’s not been all over the speedway press or social media and also had some work on his back post season that no doubt impacted him

I have family and friends that have been diagnosed with anxiety so know how it impacts people and if they identify a situation or scenario that gets to then they steer clear which could be something Cook could with following 

15 minutes ago, 4BM said:

what I was saying was he uses that when it seems to suit, he may suffer with it but it seems that speedway isn’t helping him,  a lot with him is to do with issues outside of speedway I know he had a big thing happen over the winter that’s not been all over the speedway press or social media and also had some work on his back post season that no doubt impacted him

I have family and friends that have been diagnosed with anxiety so know how it impacts people and if they identify a situation or scenario that gets to then they steer clear which could be something Cook could with following 

Fair enough,  I have no reason or desire to get into any sort of back and forth with you, or indeed to defend Cook or discuss his own personal issues. I just felt like I needed to flag what appeared to be a flippant comment about a serious problem for many people.

18 minutes ago, 4BM said:

Totally get what you are saying. But you are are either fit (mentally or physically) or not to participate in a very dangerous sport which is also demands an extensive travelling commitment.  Personal health and well being are the priority, but excuses for under performing to the paying public should not be tolerated. Either commit fully to your employer or step back to sort yourself out.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 4BM said:

You forgot to let us know your actual medical qualifications. I understand that you have an opinion but health is something best left to the experts in my opinion

13 hours ago, 4BM said:

37 minutes ago, Justsaying said:

You forgot to let us know your actual medical qualifications. I understand that you have an opinion but health is something best left to the experts in my opinion

Can't we just agree that he's crap... whatever the reason

• Haha 1

The problem with making a mistake, is trying to correct it but in doing so you can just make another one, which ends up by making the whole situation even worse than it was originally. 

Unless there's a stunning signing in the pipeline such as Wozniak, it's now in the hands of the riders to get Stewart Dickson off the hook and maybe actually they "owe him one".

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 3:48 PM, iainb said:

No chance, would have to make a multitude of changes & would certainly lose their strong reserve