British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

8 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

I would have replaced Lawson and Cook with Laguta & 1 other.

Too risky imo, Lawson has done his job & after the mistake of dropping Harris, not sure i'd want to make another team selection error 

Im One of Kerr or howarth will be in for cook soon after Sheffield make their changes. 

that won’t be enough for you guys though 

8 hours ago, flagrag said:

The strength in depth option has not worked and now all the GP stars that wanted to do UK have signed elsewhere so anyone incoming is likely to riders released by other clubs as they strengthen for the Play Offs .

There are many riders around Europe that could still do a job, Lions legends Vaculik, Wozniak, Nilsson, Przedpelski... any of the rest of the GP field or even the GP Challenge field, Chris Holder... or take a punt on a youngster like Peterborough and KL have done with Wojjy and Bruem, it may just pay off like it had with Wojjy (until whatever has happened, happened). As things stand at the moment, even if we do make the play offs... we're toast

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

On the bsn coverage max didn’t even know Leicesters league position in the table or even if they were in the playoffs. 
and I’m sure many riders are the same as none of them know the team score during the meeting but always know their personal score. 

I noticed that too and the way that Stewart Dickson had to call him over to the riders waiting to go out in heat 2 to pass on track info. I think it's fair to say that Max is currently learning his role as Captain, but he has been the shining light of our season since the wheels have come off, his commitment on track can't be questioned, if he could just maybe learn to do a bit of team riding...

12 hours ago, DiveBomb said:

What rubbish show that was! Lions were poor. Track was poor along with some of the riders.  3 home defeats on the bounce. Not good enough I'm afraid. It's amazing on this forum how when the lions are winning all the Leicester employees come out on this forum defending every inch of this club along with gloating and now I don't see any.. hmmmmm. Its all gone quiet with SD and some of the riders at the end of the meeting also. Where are they? What a shame and don't blame it on morris either. He could have got injured for all I care. The back up plan was plain right shocking 

Considering the downpour just before the start, the track held up well. The riders didn't seem to find it difficult.

8 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Considering the downpour just before the start, the track held up well. The riders didn't seem to find it difficult.

That's because it was only a very light shower!

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Im One of Kerr or howarth will be in for cook soon after Sheffield make their changes. 

If the rumours at Leicester are correct it may well be both of them plus Ellis  to bring in Holder,Mountain and 3pt rider.

With Leicester getting Howarth and Kerr I agree that’s not going to be enough it needs a more high hitter who is going to get 10+ away from home with Cardiff this week a perfect opportunity for a rider to leave some kit over here but nobody wants to do it now Plus of course we need a miracle to get points away at BV, Peterborough and Wolves 

Just now, flagrag said:

If the rumours at Leicester are correct it may well be both of them plus Ellis  to bring in Holder,Mountain and 3pt rider.

With Leicester getting Howarth and Kerr I agree that’s not going to be enough it needs a more high hitter who is going to get 10+ away from home with Cardiff this week a perfect opportunity for a rider to leave some kit over here but nobody wants to do it now Plus of course we need a miracle to get points away at BV, Peterborough and Wolves 

If we would prefer Leicester in play off than Ipswich then of course we can let you guys win tomorrow 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Sheffield drooping Howarth would be a shock

4 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

If we would prefer Leicester in play off than Ipswich then of course we can let you guys win tomorrow 

I think that would be too obvious , how could you lose to this bunch?

Edited by foreverblue

What sort of average would Greg Hancock be given? Always looks like he's at a loose end on the GP TV coverage

Cook is named in the team for both of tomorrow’s meetings. Looking at what happened at Redcar this afternoon though, it looks like the Lions will be operating R/R.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teromaafan said:

Cook is named in the team for both of tomorrow’s meetings. Looking at what happened at Redcar this afternoon though, it looks like the Lions will be operating R/R.

No facility if he’s not injured surely

6 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

No facility if he’s not injured surely

But if he hasn't got machinery he is withholding  his services so yes there would be a facility.