British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

9 hours ago, iainb said:

No beans to spill really, they've put the club up for sale signed Woffy & Chris Holder for their other club and thrown us the scraps in the way of Lewis Kerr. All of the rumoured signings earlier in the season proved to be just that... rumours 

At the time of signing TW his average was too high to be considered for Lions. 
Same situation with CH without dropping other riders as per Tigers & then frankly no nett gain for Lions. 
replacing Cook with Kerr is an improvement for the team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Put yourself in the a Lynn's fans shoes,you will feel exactly the same.

Is there any other sport that would allow 1 owner of 2 teams to happen 2 times in a 7 team league!

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Is there any other sport that would allow 1 owner of 2 teams to happen 2 times in a 7 team league!

No. But it won't be a problem soon. 

Edited by justathought
  • Like 1

But Sheffield lost Jack Holder, who had a much higher average than Nick Morris, so it's difficult to compare isn't it? Leicester have been mainly stuffed by Morris and the lack of scope for replacing him, plus some riders haven't been able to maintain their points output. More of a local issue, isn't it? As for putting the club up for sale, well that's a different matter

• Like 1

What did the manager have to say about the tonking we took at Belle Vue yesterday morning... can't find any quotes on the website

1 hour ago, iainb said:

What did the manager have to say about the tonking we took at Belle Vue yesterday morning... can't find any quotes on the website

I don't really understand what you want him to say. "We were rubbish", "If only we had another heat leader"," At least it didn't rain" .???

It's done now. Was never going to win at Bell Vue, not in a million years. Get some perspective. And, if we manage to squeak into the play-offs, which is unlikely, the semi-finals will be our last meetings of the season. 

• Like 1

I think with the huge merry go round of riders this season, that it has to be up there with one of the most ridiculous seasons ever.

Harris getting the chop from Leicester, then moaning about it like a child and then guesting for them a month later is absolutely outrageous.

It really is no wonder that nobody within the sport takes it seriously anymore. A s**t show of the highest order.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, iainb said:

In his interview on the center green prior to the first race (in summary), he said the performance at BV had just not been acceptable. he made more about his disappointment with how the Lions lost v Tigers having been five points ahead with only three heats remaining adding "He expected the riders involved in those three heats to have been more than capable of winning the meeting".
He went on to say C Cook was expecting his call to let him know he was being replaced and that Kerr may not be the last signing that day and he had told the riders their performance that night would determine if he was to make further changes before midnight. Interestingly, all of the riders were near the pit gate and would have easily heard what the manager was saying. 

Edited by 1 valve
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, justathought said:

I don't really understand what you want him to say. "We were rubbish", "If only we had another heat leader"," At least it didn't rain" .???

It's done now. Was never going to win at Bell Vue, not in a million years. Get some perspective. And, if we manage to squeak into the play-offs, which is unlikely, the semi-finals will be our last meetings of the season. 

I'm interested to read his comments, he's always quick to appear in front of the fans after a victory but has gone missing lately after a run of defeats. Can you imagine Leicester City going down 8 nil away from home and to not read one word from the manager in the press?

23 minutes ago, iainb said:

I'm interested to read his comments, he's always quick to appear in front of the fans after a victory but has gone missing lately after a run of defeats. Can you imagine Leicester City going down 8 nil away from home and to not read one word from the manager in the press?

I have also noticed this as well. Maybe he's so annoyed that he's afraid of what he might say. It's easy to hide. I think he's a little embarrassed of the current situation. Maybe he's thinking about where his future lies next....Sheffield Maybe....

If we don't squeak into the play offs we have already seen our last (home) meeting of the season, in August!

If you took starting line ups from March to now there must be only a handful of riders who haven’t been replaced throughout the league. As a Coventry fan I don’t have the same issue but I look back on my favourite sides and we had a settled team, and you had an affinity with riders and this tosh about team spirit they try give these days. It’s a merry go round with no loyalty from clubs. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Coventry_Bee said:

If you took starting line ups from March to now there must be only a handful of riders who haven’t been replaced throughout the league. As a Coventry fan I don’t have the same issue but I look back on my favourite sides and we had a settled team, and you had an affinity with riders and this tosh about team spirit they try give these days. It’s a merry go round with no loyalty from clubs. 

31 out of 49 unchanged.

But 5 of 7 rising stars have changed.

• Like 1

Any news on the 'For Sale' situation?  factual or rumour..........?

8 minutes ago, arnieg said:

31 out of 49 unchanged.

But 5 of 7 rising stars have changed.

Over a third changing is a huge proportion imo

The split if separating the 3 largely unchanged sides from the other 4 would also be quite stark

• Like 1