British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

King's Lynn v Belle Vue (SGBPB)

27 minutes ago, Haza said:

A positive spin as always about all things Kings Lynn both clubs at fault -  absolutely unbelievable comment - until fans are not taken for granted this sports ever downward spiral will continue . 

You would maybe have expected an official press release from the "governing body" about something so fundamental as having 4 riders missing wouldn't you? 

Still, rinse and repeat for the next time...

Years ago you only found out that "superstar x" was not there when you had paid your money to get in..

At least now with the internet we find out before hand..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

Yes indeed - he was quick enough to use social media and tell us all when the BSPL initially blocked his move to BV!

He thought BV had informed the British public.....make that he thought KL had!! He's not our rider at the mo :(

Edited by Trees

1 hour ago, JoeW436 said:

The craziest thing in all of this is sustaining an injury on Sunday and managing to get a doctors note by Monday morning…

Can only presume it wasnt over here then....:D

1 hour ago, Dodger Blue said:

What a wasted opportunity here ... I would have thought that, if only for the comedy value, the old 'I was loading my van and a toolbox fell on my head' excuse would have been worth another airing!!!

The dog ate my bike..:D

27 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I have a 30 year old Wulf Sport jacket and a matching tartan blanket and flask set that all still have a lot of wear in them so why would I not attend and pay them money? 

My sleeve less denim jacket full of sew patches ("Speedway riders do it sideways" is my favourite), also will stand me in good stead on the terraces for a few years yet, so don't want to waste that money spent.. 

And I currently have 53 years of "Year Bars" on my admittedly well faded Red (Pinkish) and White scarf..

I do walk now with a stoop though given the weight of it..

Cannot wait for next season to see what exciting unique innovations the promoters will bring...

Completing all the qualification fixtures BEFORE the finals they relate to maybe? (Radical)..

Or having finalists actually attending the finals they qualify for possibly? (Equally, if not more, radical but you never know)....

Roll on 2023....

:D 

Have you got a really old programme board and a vast array of programmes and speedway stars in the loft,,, all in date order of course 

18 minutes ago, mikebv said:

You would maybe have expected an official press release from the "governing body" about something so fundamental as having 4 riders missing wouldn't you? 

Still, rinse and repeat for the next time...

Years ago you only found out that "superstar x" was not there when you had paid your money to get in..

At least now with the internet we find out before hand..

I agree - years ago other than local radio there was no means of letting fans If a certain rider wasn’t going to be there - no excuse now with social media ( though I think Twitter and Facebook  club account have died a death judging by the low amount of comments now ) but there is club websites -  absolutely no excuse for fans being treated like mushrooms.

13 hours ago, Derrickn said:

It was said BV had signed Lambert as a Long Term replacement for an injured rider.Well that was a load of BS.

No, the wording is “proven long term injury”. Nothing to do with how long the replacement is used - examples being Tungate at Ipswich and Sedgmen at Sheffield, who were both replacements for long term injured riders, even though both replaced riders (Riss and Allen) returned for their Champ clubs.

21 minutes ago, Haza said:

I agree - years ago other than local radio there was no means of letting fans If a certain rider wasn’t going to be there - no excuse now with social media ( though I think Twitter and Facebook  club account have died a death judging by the low amount of comments now ) but there is club websites -  absolutely no excuse for fans being treated like mushrooms.

KL posted cheerfully on their Facebook and Twitter with an hour to go, yet the news about Lambert had been circulating at least an hour before that …

45 minutes ago, Trees said:

He thought BV had informed the British public.....make that he thought KL had!! He's not our rider at the mo :(

Doesn’t matter who didn’t do it - KL were the hosts and cheerfully advertised the meeting on Twitter and FaceBook with an hour to go, but no mention even though they must have known. Locals who were tempted by Lambert’s presence might well have called off if they had known.

Irrespective of who the riders are, clubs involved should make every effort to inform paying customers of changes as soon as they are known.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Just conning the fans as usual.The sport cannot survive the way it’s going, treating the fans with contempt.We even have Teams the cannot be bothered fulfilling their fixtures now.It’s a joke.

This is very true. 

Sadly, most will be back next year with the same gripes. 

I’m really not happy with the way Belle Vue have reverted to type and just lay down and had their belly tickled by the cartel. They should have made Robert ride or taken action if not but the old doctors note trick is played. Going along with the muzzling about his absence isn’t good but we’ve had a few telling offs for posting honesty on social media and I guess they didn’t want to feel the wrath of the BSPL/BSF cartel who went into overdrive when there was money to be (duped) made from the long suffering fans. 

With all clubs being able to make use of the Polish deal sorted earlier this year (and not just Belle Vue) I see several returning and Roberts low average will fit nicely at Lynn. 

On an equally low average confusingly is Jakobsen at 5.04. Had the rules been followed re rolling averages it would have increased considerably. TBH quite why he is allowed to use meetings from 2018 for his 2023 average is beyond me but the cartel get what the cartel want and bugger us, the rules and their rivals. Sad. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Have you got a really old programme board and a vast array of programmes and speedway stars in the loft,,, all in date order of course 

Home made proggy board...

Nice bit of 24 inch by 12 inch wooden board, painted in white, (two coats and then varnished so as not to chip)...

With stickers on them of riders from the 70's and a huge bulldog clip to keep my programme in place, which also allows for three different coloured pens to be held there tightly and securely....

I do obviously keep spare pens (of the same three colours obviously) in my corduroy jackets top pocket...

I have boxes of SS's for each season, and all boxes are clearly labelled in chronological order in my loft. (As you say all the contents are in date order too)....

Meaning if today I suddenly felt that I needed to review for example how well Bob Valentine did in 1975 then all I need to do is open that box, and hey presto I can read through all his performances for that season, including his Aussie season...

Happy Days...

Happy Days....

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Nice bit of 24 inch by 12 inch wooden board, painted in white, (two coats and then varnished so as not to chip)...

With stickers on them of riders from the 70's and a huge bulldog clip to keep my programme in place, which also allows for three different coloured pens to be held there tightly and securely....

I do obviously keep spare pens (of the same three colours obviously) in my corduroy jackets top pocket...

I have boxes of SS's for each season, and all boxes are clearly labelled in chronological order in my loft. (As you say all the contents are in date order too)....

Meaning if today I suddenly felt that I needed to review for example how well Bob Valentine did in 1975 then all I need to do is open that box, and hey presto I can read through all his performances for that season, including his Aussie season...

Happy Days...

Happy Days....

Oh mate,,, I'm so jealous right now,,, but also a little disappointed,,,, no mention of a tipex and spare tipex,,, and one of those cheap led lights attached to your board so you can see perfectly that you haven't strayed over the lines and outside the boxes whilst writing scores.  

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Happy Days...

Happy Days....

That’s the game.!!

• Like 1