British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

King's Lynn v Belle Vue (SGBPB)

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Oh mate,,, I'm so jealous right now,,, but also a little disappointed,,,, no mention of a tipex and spare tipex,,, and one of those cheap led lights attached to your board so you can see perfectly that you haven't strayed over the lines and outside the boxes whilst writing scores.  

Damn that last minute Rider Replacement...:mad:

3 hours ago, ouch said:

I’m really not happy with the way Belle Vue have reverted to type and just lay down and had their belly tickled by the cartel. They should have made Robert ride or taken action if not but the old doctors note trick is played. Going along with the muzzling about his absence isn’t good but we’ve had a few telling offs for posting honesty on social media and I guess they didn’t want to feel the wrath of the BSPL/BSF cartel who went into overdrive when there was money to be (duped) made from the long suffering fans. 

With all clubs being able to make use of the Polish deal sorted earlier this year (and not just Belle Vue) I see several returning and Roberts low average will fit nicely at Lynn. 

On an equally low average confusingly is Jakobsen at 5.04. Had the rules been followed re rolling averages it would have increased considerably. TBH quite why he is allowed to use meetings from 2018 for his 2023 average is beyond me but the cartel get what the cartel want and bugger us, the rules and their rivals. Sad. 

Word is Robert will not be returning to Lynn any time soon.

6 hours ago, Trees said:

It was up to BV to announce it not KL, Robert informed BV not KL!  They should've for their own fans' sakes imo! Poor!!

Being ultra fair both promotions would have known Lambert wasn’t riding because of the line up website used by officials and Referees etc in the lead up to the meeting., notwithstanding that even out of courtesy BV would have let Lynn know he had twisted his ankle and was injured. (I seriously doubt that anyone on this forum honestly believes this $hyte but hey ho let’s play the game anyway)

The fact that Neither club said anything is extremely poor.

But let’s be fair Lambert was brought in for one purpose only, to give BV the edge in the Play Offs, he was never going to do anything else and most understood that.

However yet another kicking for the supporters who paid to attend, honestly thinking Lambert was riding, wonderful PR yet again.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Being ultra fair both promotions would have known Lambert wasn’t riding because of the line up website used by officials and Referees etc in the lead up to the meeting., notwithstanding that even out of courtesy BV would have let Lynn know he had twisted his ankle and was injured. (I seriously doubt that anyone on this forum honestly believes this $hyte but hey ho let’s play the game anyway)

But let’s be fair Lambert was brought in for one purpose only, to give BV the edge in the Play Offs, he was never going to do anything else and most understood that.

However yet another kicking for the supporters who paid to attend, honestly thinking Lambert was riding, wonderful PR yet again.

Given the (how apt), decades old "track record" of the sport in relation to such things, I would be truly amazed if anyone expected a full compliment of riders who were not  previously out injured.. 

That neither side gave up the details about their missing riders till quite late on in the piece speaks volumes as to how they choose to run the sport in this country...

But..

The vast majority of us know, and expect, things like this to happen this way dont we? 

If you still shell out for such a nonsense situation then you cannot really blame the promoters for providing a service when so many still purchase it...

Planning to run a qualifying event two weeks after the Aces had been crowned Champions of the same competition is simply ludicrous isnt it?

Therefore, if that is your starting point, then anything that happens after that cannot make it any more ridiculous  or less significant...

The home team won, there was some good racing, and lads got a chance to earn a good few quid before the season ends..

That's the only aspirational criteria for UK Speedway...

• Like 1

Just explained to my youngest about last night's meetings deciding the final league placings but the semi and final were run a few weeks ago. He kept saying can you explain that again. Lol 

He's only ever been to one meeting at Stoke about 10 years ago when he said it looks like professional riders riding in a sport run by amateurs 

He just said looks like nothings changed, I said yeh it has its got worse

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Agree absolutely and the fact Belle Vue capitulated to Stars request to keep schtum is a disgrace. Are we part of the cartel now? Wonder what reciprocal back scratch we’re entitled to now. Grim. 

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Injured Playing on Pit bikes during speedway season so Professional,imagine him having to tell these stories to his Polish Club.Typical speedway rider these days no thought for the people who pay their wages.

Not suggesting Lambert is lying, but there's no way he would have missed a Torun match for this reason!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ouch said:

I’m really not happy with the way Belle Vue have reverted to type and just lay down and had their belly tickled by the cartel. They should have made Robert ride or taken action if not but the old doctors note trick is played. Going along with the muzzling about his absence isn’t good but we’ve had a few telling offs for posting honesty on social media and I guess they didn’t want to feel the wrath of the BSPL/BSF cartel who went into overdrive when there was money to be (duped) made from the long suffering fans. 

With all clubs being able to make use of the Polish deal sorted earlier this year (and not just Belle Vue) I see several returning and Roberts low average will fit nicely at Lynn. 

On an equally low average confusingly is Jakobsen at 5.04. Had the rules been followed re rolling averages it would have increased considerably. TBH quite why he is allowed to use meetings from 2018 for his 2023 average is beyond me but the cartel get what the cartel want and bugger us, the rules and their rivals. Sad. 

Jakobsen will use his 2018 5.04 ave in 2023 because he didn't race enough matches this year to get a new ave, there is no alternative. 

If last night's match had counted towards the rolling aves (as it should have done) he'd have raced his 6th match & have a 7+ ave for 2023.

So it seems Lynn calling off a match very early for forecasted weather that never came, will help them greatly in putting out a stronger team for 2023!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1