Belle Vue's likely team. 

1. C.Harris

2. T.Brennan

3. S.Nicholls

4. C.Wright

5. S.Lambert

6. C.Mountain

7. C.Bailey

BSF wet dream team. They love guests and hate signed up team members. Not for me I’m afraid but each to their own. 

1 hour ago, B.V 72 said:

In your opinion. Its what a lot of fans want an independent opinion well we got one.

A lawyer hired by Belle Vue is not an independent opinion. I'm pretty sure the BSPL could hire a lawyer and get a counterbalancing opinion.

Without going to court what Belle Vue are waving about remains just an opinion. Unless there is a judgement in a court of law (and I have seen no suggestion that there is) the legal position remains unresolved.

You are the one relying on opinion, and that is a fact.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ouch said:

BSF wet dream team. They love guests and hate signed up team members. Not for me I’m afraid but each to their own. 

All the evidence is that BSF opinion on guests ranges from 'necessary evil' to outright opposition. I can see no love for them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, arnieg said:

A lawyer hired by Belle Vue is not an independent opinion. I'm pretty sure the BSPL could hire a lawyer and get a counterbalancing opinion.

Without going to court what Belle Vue are waving about remains just an opinion. Unless there is a judgement in a court of law (and I have seen no suggestion that there is) the legal position remains unresolved.

You are the one relying on opinion, and that is a fact.

Sorry you did not get my independent quip.              Lawyers opinion, your opinion, my opinion everyone else's opinion the only fact i can see is that some ones opinion that counts says   Robert Lambert rides for Belle vue in the play offs.

49 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

Sorry you did not get my independent quip.              Lawyers opinion, your opinion, my opinion everyone else's opinion the only fact i can see is that some ones opinion that counts says   Robert Lambert rides for Belle vue in the play offs.

The decision was presumably made by the  BSPL to do a reverse ferret in the face of the threat of (potentially expensive) legal action. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ouch said:

Whatever team Belle Vue put out, if in fact they do, the King's Lynn riders plus any fully fledged 'Aces' deserve to have their wage packet. Why should they be out of pocket because the meeting no longer carries any importance. 

The problem was caused by the promoters themselves by having two team building rules that contradicted each other 

when Bluster became chairman he was going to rip up the rule book and simplify it but of course that didn’t happen.  The rules need to be written by a professional with a legal background so the rules are concise and without loopholes

in theory if zagar sprains his wrist that could be deemed as a season ending injury as we only have three weeks remaining.  So in theory Belle vue could sign zsmarslik to replace him on a 8pt average. 

ii want to make it clear Belle vue have done nothing wrong at all. The rules are at fault as they are Ill thought out and applied at will. 
we desperately need a independent ruling body to run our sport before they kill it off. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

The decision was presumably made by the  BSPL to do a reverse ferret in the face of the threat of (potentially expensive) legal action. 

So in your world all it takes is a lawyer to get what you want, the rules mean nothing?

If that’s the case there’s nothing to stop an NDL side signing Zmarzlik. I’m not buying it. 

In the real world it’s a crying shame we need a lawyer to see the rules implemented correctly. In a sport that governs itself and is rife with petty jealousies and self interest that I’m afraid is what it takes. BSPL/BSF should be ashamed of themselves. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

The problem was caused by the promoters themselves by having two team building rules that contradicted each other 

when Bluster became chairman he was going to rip up the rule book and simplify it but of course that didn’t happen.  The rules need to be written by a professional with a legal background so the rules are concise and without loopholes

in theory if zagar sprains his wrist that could be deemed as a season ending injury as we only have three weeks remaining.  So in theory Belle vue could sign zsmarslik to replace him on a 8pt average. 

ii want to make it clear Belle vue have done nothing wrong at all. The rules are at fault as they are Ill thought out and applied at will. 
we desperately need a independent ruling body to run our sport before they kill it off. 

The words are not season ending its long term so a sprain wouldn’t cut it. The multiple injuries Max suffered with are very long term. Get well soon Max. 

4 hours ago, ouch said:

So in your world all it takes is a lawyer to get what you want, the rules mean nothing?

If that’s the case there’s nothing to stop an NDL side signing Zmarzlik. I’m not buying it. 

In the real world it’s a crying shame we need a lawyer to see the rules implemented correctly. In a sport that governs itself and is rife with petty jealousies and self interest that I’m afraid is what it takes. BSPL/BSF should be ashamed of themselves. 

Yes I live in the real world and understand how the legal system operates.

Edited by arnieg

I see the 2nd leg of the title decider is on the 13th October Belle vue could be champions yet Belle Vue still have to go to Kings Lynn for a league meeting, try explaining that to a newbie.

3 hours ago, TINYS said:

I see the 2nd leg of the title decider is on the 13th October Belle vue could be champions yet Belle Vue still have to go to Kings Lynn for a league meeting, try explaining that to a newbie.

Of Sheffield could be Champions when they race Ipswich..

Both matches will be important as it will give riders a chance to earn more money and also, for some, a chance to reduce their average for next season..

Now the averages this month are calculated over only the last 10 matches a "poor night" can be very impactful to it, (1/10th impact rather than 1/20th) and therefore very beneficial to them when negotiating a team place next year...

And as for explaining it to any newbies, I wouldn't expect too many of them on a cold dark night at the end of October will be in attendance.. 

To he honest, given the fact the League is already won, I wouldn't expect too many regulars either will be exactly "chomping at the bit" either to get there...

• Like 1

The only plus point for this match actually running would be a final chance to see speedway this season 

1 hour ago, kelvinht said:

The only plus point for this match actually running would be a final chance to see speedway this season 

Wouldn't a cup final against Sheffield be preferable?