British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

King's Lynn v Belle Vue (SGBPB)

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Wouldn't a cup final against Sheffield be preferable?

Yeah, but there is zero chance of this match taking place before the cup final

7 hours ago, kelvinht said:

The only plus point for this match actually running would be a final chance to see speedway this season 

It all gives season ticket holders a meeting they've already paid for. You wouldn't see any other sport season concluded incomplete. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

It all gives season ticket holders a meeting they've already paid for. You wouldn't see any other sport season concluded incomplete. 

Do Lynn do season tickets nowadays? I'd heard they don't.

Agree though the meeting must be run.

15 hours ago, TINYS said:

I see the 2nd leg of the title decider is on the 13th October Belle vue could be champions yet Belle Vue still have to go to Kings Lynn for a league meeting, try explaining that to a newbie.

That happened before the play-off era if the Champions won with meetings in hand. But they still completed their fixtures.

But I do agree it looks stupid completing league matches after the play-offs, not that I'm suggesting the matches shouldn't be run - just make sure the league is completed first!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

Kings lynn v Belle Vue should never have been postponed in the first place but someone thought it was going to rain so it was called off the day before but as it turned out there wasn't a drop of rain that day. Maybe they should stop calling off meetings the day before because they think it might rain.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Kings lynn v Belle Vue should never have been postponed in the first place but someone thought it was going to rain so it was called off the day before but as it turned out there wasn't a drop of rain that day. Maybe they should stop calling off meetings the day before because they think it might rain.

Absolutely. It wasn’t rain though, he just didn’t fancy it. Teams are able to call meetings off with impunity if they think they’ll be onto a better thing at a later date. Not all teams however, one tried it and the BSPL/BSL cartel went into overdrive. 

Buster will get a better crowd when it’s run as Stars favourite Robert will be there and the say cheats never prospers. Go figure. 

• Like 1

According to Klindt on twitter yesterday he only has two more matches left in UK this season....

Make of that what you will...

On 10/6/2022 at 5:16 PM, ouch said:

Absolutely. It wasn’t rain though, he just didn’t fancy it. Teams are able to call meetings off with impunity if they think they’ll be onto a better thing at a later date. Not all teams however, one tried it and the BSPL/BSL cartel went into overdrive. 

Buster will get a better crowd when it’s run as Stars favourite Robert will be there and the say cheats never prospers. Go figure. 

Wouldn’t hold your breath Robert Lambert will be there when it’s run - the smart money is on Simon Lambert being there rather than Robert 

Edited by Haza
  • Haha 1

If this meeting doesn't get run along with outstanding junior fixtures Lynn need punishing I'm afraid to say.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 2:39 PM, Bagpuss said:

Do Lynn do season tickets nowadays? I'd heard they don't.

Agree though the meeting must be run.

I don't think the Sheffield v Ipswich (B) fixture has been raced either has it?

52 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

If this meeting doesn't get run along with outstanding junior fixtures Lynn need punishing I'm afraid to say.

I agree the club should be punished as the meeting should never have been called of in the first place as this meeting was due to have been on Eurosport and if there is payment for the tv meetings Lynn definitely should not get any payment this season  - though not running this meeting stops deliberate average reduction.  

5 hours ago, kelvinht said:

According to Klindt on twitter yesterday he only has two more matches left in UK this season....

Make of that what you will...

Sheffield home and away in the cup final what about the Lynn v Belle Vue league meeting postponed from a few weeks ago or does he know something we don't.

A 6 team league and still unable to organise and fufill outstanding fixtures is shocking really 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

A 6 team league and still unable to organise and fufill outstanding fixtures is shocking really 

Add to that one junior fixture