British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2023

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Zach won't ride for a Tuesday club here while he still has the Polish U.24 league on Tuesdays!!!

Thank you Poland! :D:party:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmm, Basso was always going to put at least 3 points on his average though, so would be similar to Lawson at the end of the season. (Think Basso is on a higher average than Lawson atm) Whereas I think Zach will up his average steadily each season. However if he gets a Prem place it might see him improving faster in the Champ as well. 

Maybe clubs just swap assets no matter if they are in different stages of their career or if one is a HL and the other a second string? Wouldn't happen in football and I think that is where I am getting confused! 

Think the phrase everyone is looking for is 'trade value' having a prospects contract will very more valuable than an older rider who will be retired soon anyway. The prospect is only going to increase in value and the older only gonna go the other way.

That's what happens in sports like ice hockey anyway...

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmm, Basso was always going to put at least 3 points on his average though, so would be similar to Lawson at the end of the season. (Think Basso is on a higher average than Lawson atm) Whereas I think Zach will up his average steadily each season. However if he gets a Prem place it might see him improving faster in the Champ as well. 

Maybe clubs just swap assets no matter if they are in different stages of their career or if one is a HL and the other a second string? Wouldn't happen in football and I think that is where I am getting confused! 

Swap you Mayfair with two houses + Kings Cross Station for Richard Lawson……..lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Zach won't ride for a Tuesday club here while he still has the Polish U.24 league on Tuesdays!!!

I didn’t no you was his agent.

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

You mean between Lawson and Zach? Because Lawson is recognised HL and Zach isn't there yet. So Zach and some payment? Maybe I am getting confused with how they do it in football though! 

It might be that Zach is an investment for the future ....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lewy said:

It's to easy,poole fans are like mackerel for taking the bait.:rofl:

Trouble is you convinced Mike more than the Poole fans. Poor Mike. Kinda mean getting his hopes up and you wonder why nobody believes all the stuff you post about Richard Lawson :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Trouble is you convinced Mike more than the Poole fans. Poor Mike. Kinda mean getting his hopes up and you wonder why nobody believes all the stuff you post about Richard Lawson :D

And here's another one :t:

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, lewy said:

It's to easy,poole fans are like mackerel for taking the bait.:rofl:

No bait here. Anyone who listened to Zach's interview on last week's PiratecastLive will know what his plans are.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No bait here. Anyone who listened to Zach's interview on last week's PiratecastLive will know what his plans are.

Wonder how you and others would react if a Poole asset openly said they no interest in riding for them and was openly saying he was riding elsewhere! 

Oh yeah it happened last year with Basso and you lot didn't shut up about it for 6months 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, lewy said:

And here's another one :t:

Replying to a post isn't necessary biting. 

10 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Wonder how you and others would react if a Poole asset openly said they no interest in riding for them and was openly saying he was riding elsewhere! 

Oh yeah it happened last year with Basso and you lot didn't shut up about it for 6months 

Because of the way it was done not necessarily that it was done. 

11 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

We all know the reason Basso didn't ride for Poole this season, as it happens Poole have certainly done well out of the Basso for Lawson swop 

20 hours ago, lewy said:

Plymouth possibly recalling zach cook. 

:rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

Looks like I fell for it like the Poole fans I just wanted a rider who has got a huge future not to be caught up in the politics of it all so I will be very careful what I post in future. I no he wants to ride in the premiership so why if he gave up Poland to do that could Plymouth not recall him.

Edited by Mike0310