British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2023

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Everyone wants Complin, hope he has a great 2023 and gets to where he wants to be :)

Literally no idea why!! Was brought in on a 4 and his average dropped! He now has to revert to a 4 and is apparently a steal 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Literally no idea why!! Was brought in on a 4 and his average dropped! He now has to revert to a 4 and is apparently a steal 

He has potential of course ...... I personally hope he gets up there to where he believes he can be!

3 hours ago, Trees said:

He has potential of course ...... I personally hope he gets up there to where he believes he can be!

Potential!! Hes 38  and had nearly 10 years out of Speedway! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trees said:

IMO he has never really fulfilled his potential,mainly because his gating never improved,superb entertainer though.

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

IMO he has never really fulfilled his potential,mainly because his gating never improved,superb entertainer though.

Superb entertainer because he can't gate just like all the other non gaters in our sport :D Every team needs a balance but these guys can find the answer :D

7 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Yeah but if he can get back to where he was before ......

Interestingly in the a couple of meetings for the gladiators and centurions lee had Tony starke spannering for him and he set his clutch up differently to how lee would normally do it and in lee's own words it was a revelation to help him make the gate,agree lee would be a great reserve in the championship would be happy to see him at Plymouth. 

I suppose Tony must've Transformed his clutch. It might be that Lee comes back next season with Avengence...

17 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Complin's scores away from home were far better than at Newcastle. So if he found a track he liked, could up his average.

• Like 1

I for one do not think complin will be back at the gladiators next season unfortunately solely because of the distance he had for travelling for home meetings and due to his job.

from what i hear there’s 4 of the 9 clubs are after him so can’t be that bad 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, phillipsr said:

There's nothing there the odd decent meeting, nl heatleader at best nowadays 

Edited by mc131
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, mac101 said:

from what i hear there’s 4 of the 9 clubs are after him so can’t be that bad 

I would guess at Edinburgh, Berwick and Birmingham. And maybe Redcar?