25 minutes ago, Doners123 said:

1- Ritchie Worrall 

2- Jack Thomas 

3- Ben Barker 

4- Dan Gilkes

5- Danny king

6- Alfie Bowtell 

7- Natha Ablitt / Ben Trigger 

Well we can't both have Jack Thomas and in Nathan Ablitt ( Natha's brother )someone will get a rider who has had a whole season at all tracks and will be up against a few new 2 pointers so could be a good signing

On 11/29/2022 at 9:48 AM, cinderfella said:

But is he capable of getting even 2pts at home?

You would like to think a 2pt rider is capable of securely beating visiting visiting reserves and even the occasional s/s and is not just there as a token to make up numbers.

If a young lad, with obvious potential, is given a team place too early he'll end up being dropped after a few pointless meetings and his confidence will be shattered and as has happened before he'll  walk away from the sport completely.

The NDL is there for a reason and that is the place to blood youngsters. I'd even go as far as saying any Rising Star should have to do at least one season at that level before doing CL or PL.

I wouldn't agree with that, as you'd be stopping the very best (Bewley) from gaining a Championship place if they are good enough in their first season.

Any rider who is old enough to ride a 500cc Speedway bike should also be old enough to weigh up the pros & cons of racing in the Champ. If Ben Trigger thinks it's too soon, he can simply say no.

Think this team would suit the aggregate bonus point ruling. Riders like Morley, Bowtell & Trigger are good at home for the big home wins, 3 good heat leaders plus an improving Gilkes help keep the scores close away?

Plymouth  
Kyle Howarth 8.36
Richie Worrall 7.97
Ben Barker 7.80
Ben Morley 4.94
Dan Gilkes 4.55
Alfie Bowtell 4.28
Ablitt / Trigger 2.00
Total 39.90
Edited by szkocjasid

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Think this team would suit the aggregate bonus point ruling. Riders like Morley, Bowtell & Trigger are good at home for the big home wins, 3 good heat leaders plus an improving Gilkes help keep the scores close away?

Plymouth  
Kyle Howarth 8.36
Richie Worrall 7.97
Ben Barker 7.80
Ben Morley 4.94
Dan Gilkes 4.55
Alfie Bowtell 4.28
Ablitt / Trigger 2.00
Total 39.90

Take out Morley and I don't think you'll be far away although I think Alfie is off to pastures new.

1 minute ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Take out Morley and I don't think you'll be far away although I think Alfie is off to pastures new.

Nice to see agreement on the 3 heat leaders at last!!:o

On 12/1/2022 at 12:16 AM, szkocjasid said:

I wouldn't agree with that, as you'd be stopping the very best (Bewley) from gaining a Championship place if they are good enough in their first season.

Any rider who is old enough to ride a 500cc Speedway bike should also be old enough to weigh up the pros & cons of racing in the Champ. If Ben Trigger thinks it's too soon, he can simply say no.

If Ben Trigger was offered a team spot like any ambitious youngster he would say yes. But as keen & talented as he might be he needs a minimum of one more year in the conference. We should all realise that speedway is a dangerous motorcycle sport & that the risk involved should not be compromised.

33 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

If Ben Trigger was offered a team spot like any ambitious youngster he would say yes. But as keen & talented as he might be he needs a minimum of one more year in the conference. We should all realise that speedway is a dangerous motorcycle sport & that the risk involved should not be compromised.

Agreed lovely fella lovely family,but if he fell out of love with the sport by keep coming last for the sake of one more years experience in the national league that would be sad, what about roynon for the gladiators or have I missed something and he’s fixed up elsewhere.

39 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

It’s up to the rider and his advisors IMO.Like a previous poster stated if you can ride a500cc speedway bike that’s the sport.I’ve seen many talented youngsters of his age .It’s a tough sport but you have to take the chances if they arise.Look at the Polish junior scene.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Plymouth  
Kyle Howarth 8.36
Richie Worrall 7.97
Ben Barker 7.80
Ben Morley 4.94
Dan Gilkes 4.55
Alfie Bowtell 4.28
Ablitt / Trigger 2.00
Total 39.90

Bowtell going to Birmingham 

1 hour ago, Gating tart said:

Bowtell going to Birmingham 

That could be true, but until a rider is officially signed, I'll still include them in my predictions

Just now, szkocjasid said:

That could be true, but until a rider is officially signed, I'll still include them in my predictions

It’s a done deal! 

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Just now, Gating tart said:

It’s a done deal! 

I'll stick to my above statement, otherwise if everytime someone told me a rider was going elsewhere, I wouldn't get to do any predictions hardly

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'll stick to my above statement, otherwise if everytime someone told me a rider was going elsewhere, I wouldn't get to do any predictions hardly

All the teams are done now anyways