British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2023

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Morley strengthens Plymouth at home. Very good around there. Strake’s heart just didn’t seem to be in it this season. A year too long in the sport for him?

To be honest being an ex Heathen I have always kept an eye out for Starkey's scores he had a poor season last year and I half expected him to call it a day, maybe now all the injuries have finally caught up with him, I think it's his heart that kept him going surely now it's time for his head to rule.

That team needs ripping apart, Howarth and Worrall were never going to score at home like they did for Leicester last year the track isn’t conducive for them if they miss the gate.  The two reserves sink on the away tracks, OK they might nick a win at home if they pop out again showing it’s a gaters paradise.  They really need to drop one of the big heat leaders and possibly Turner and bring something like Batchelor/Dan Thompson or Dillon Ruml as that would enable them to have a decent third heat leader and a lot stronger reserve and be more competitive especially away 

Well that was hard to watch. Where to from here? Will Garry let the season slip away or will he make the necessary changes. 

10 hours ago, 4BM said:

That team needs ripping apart, Howarth and Worrall were never going to score at home like they did for Leicester last year the track isn’t conducive for them if they miss the gate.  The two reserves sink on the away tracks, OK they might nick a win at home if they pop out again showing it’s a gaters paradise.  They really need to drop one of the big heat leaders and possibly Turner and bring something like Batchelor/Dan Thompson or Dillon Ruml as that would enable them to have a decent third heat leader and a lot stronger reserve and be more competitive especially away 

D.T is at B'ham!

How about a rider/manager swap....Howarth for Sedgemen ? May for Rogers ? :t:

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

D.T is at B'ham!

Technically, DT is not at Birmingham.

1 hour ago, MartinBSN said:

Technically, DT is not at Birmingham.

Technically being the operative word!

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

D.T is at B'ham!

Doh! Missed that one 

34 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Technically being the operative word!

Well, there'd be nothing stopping someone declaring him in their 1-7 before Birmingham do

Obviously depends on where he'd like to ride?

I think B'ham will suit him. I'd be very surprised if he signed for Plymouth!

5 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Obviously depends on where he'd like to ride?

I think B'ham will suit him. I'd be very surprised if he signed for Plymouth!

Depends if he wants to link up with his former Leicester team mates ;)

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Depends if he wants to link up with his former Leicester team mates ;)

Think he'd choose riding with his brother over former team mates. And he's got to Premiership team mates already at Birmingham.  

21 hours ago, Filth said:

Well that was hard to watch. Where to from here? Will Garry let the season slip away or will he make the necessary changes. 

It's not up to Garry and never has been, only one person calls all the shots at Plymouth, the promoter. 

But I agree, it's a rip up and start again job if Plymouth want to get anywhere near the playoffs this season. I'd say favourites for wooden spoon on current form.

Edited by torpointfanatic22
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

It's not up to Garry and never has been, only one person calls all the shots at Plymouth, the promoter. 

But I agree, it's a rip up and start again job if Plymouth want to get anywhere near the playoffs this season. I'd say favourites for wooden spoon on current form.

They are not as bad as Birmingham!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

And who tells you that?! 

Garry may very much has an input on who   he has in the team and how it’s built 

• Like 1