British Speedway Forum

On 10/29/2022 at 8:23 PM, tellboy said:

I think some promoters do see the flaws,but they know they can use those flaws to their advantage at certain points in the season.So they choose to turn a blind eye to it and hope others don't object to it.Then if more promoters want the flawed rule than not it will be voted in anyway.This is why we need an independent body set up.

Do you suppose this is created so that the referee can pass judgment on his opinion?

18 hours ago, arnieg said:

I think it would be sufficient just to exclude heat 2 - the Poles used to do that a few years ago. Another thing we might borrow from them is to throw away highest and lowest scores before calculating averages which makes manipulation more difficult.

Yes, this is the median, not the average. In statistics, there is a great deal of attention paid to it.

Just now, RiderJake said:

Yes, this is the median, not the average. In statistics, there is a great deal of attention paid to it.

No it isn't. the median is the mid-point, excluding top and bottom will not alter the median, but they will alter the mean. As you exclude more and more scoes (top and bottom two, then top and bottom three etc) the average will converge on the median, but just excluding one does not turn it into the median

.e.g. scores of 6,9,9,10,10,10,10

Median = 10

Mean = 9.14

Average excluding outliers = 9.6

Average excluding two outliers = 9.67

Average excluding 3 outliers  = 10

• Like 2

On 10/29/2022 at 6:13 PM, szkocjasid said:

Last year it was a 20 match rolling ave, this year down to 10 matches. Not sure why they changed it tbh!

I would have thought it was fairly obvious, the less matches that count the more GSA can be manipulated.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I would have thought it was fairly obvious, the less matches that count the more GSA can be manipulated.

Not obvious to everyone unfortunately :blush:

• Haha 1

After last night, wouldn’t mind seeing Ben Cook at reserve next season. An entertaining and tenacious rider.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Speedball said:

After last night, wouldn’t mind seeing Ben Cook at reserve next season. An entertaining and tenacious rider.

He'll be signed up already, Sheffield or Ipswich probs, Aussie/Poole connections ...

Just now, scoobydoo said:

Think Cook wasnt invited to the Olympique at Wolverhampton for nothing 

Yes and more aussies at Wolves.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

To think years sgo Aussies were seen as pure comedy when riding the tighter UK tracks ,those days have gone for sure now

1 hour ago, Wolfie456 said:

I don't class Wolves Aussies (maybe Morris) as having Poole connections though ......

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

To think years sgo Aussies were seen as pure comedy when riding the tighter UK tracks ,those days have gone for sure now

But sadly all the big Aussie tracks have gone. The current generation of Aussies learned to ride on tracks comparable with Britain (or smaller in the case of Pinjar Park)

Based off Pickering's interview a few weeks ago where he was talking like he's staying and so are the majority of the 2022 side.

1. Richard Lawson 7.71

2. Josh Pickering 6.14

3. Peter Kildemand 6.67 or 7.10 (He fits either way)

4. Thomas Jorgensen 6.35 or Richie Worrall 6.31

5. Nicolai Klindt 7.39

6. Fredrik Jakobsen 5.04

7. Jason Edwards or Jack Thomas 2.50

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Based off Pickering's interview a few weeks ago where he was talking like he's staying and so are the majority of the 2022 side.

1. Richard Lawson 7.71

2. Josh Pickering 6.14

3. Peter Kildemand 6.67 or 7.10 (He fits either way)

4. Thomas Jorgensen 6.35 or Richie Worrall 6.31

5. Nicolai Klindt 7.39

6. Fredrik Jakobsen 5.04

7. Jason Edwards or Jack Thomas 2.50

Are you going to a 42.50 average. If so Zagar fits for Killer but i'm dreaming there .I'd swap Killer for MPT every day of the week though ;). But i expect he is already fixed up with you by now.

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Are you going to a 42.50 average. If so Zagar fits for Killer but i'm dreaming there .I'd swap Killer for MPT every day of the week though ;). But i expect he is already fixed up with you by now.

Yes 42.50

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened tbh.