British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

If MPT is present in person hope that he doesn't walk round the room to many times as it might aggravate his shoulder again :D

Tofty was there. He said he went to 5 different people to find the problem with his shoulder with no luck.The 6th one found the problem, fixed it and now it's fine. According to Tofty.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Wolverhampton look the worst team so far

Yep, I'd be seriously underwhelmed if a Wolves fan. The thing they do have though is a big home advantage and on that basis alone you'd fancy them for top four.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Yeah - no question 

But now looking at at an average over 5 years old

Then you have Jackobsen where they decided not to use a genuine meeting meaning he retains an old average too

Not picking on Lynn - there will be others and all are far from ideal and leave a bad taste

After 1 league meeting Freddie will be on over a 7 and Picko will drop to reserve.I can see TJ riding there most of the season. Whoever it is we will have a very strong number 6 all season.

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

After 1 league meeting Freddie will be on over a 7 and Picko will drop to reserve.I can see TJ riding there most of the season. Whoever it is we will have a very strong number 6 all season.

Think you've just proved my farce comment....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Think you've just proved my farce comment....

I can see why peeps might be pissed off. He was on old kit last season as well, but has brand new for the UK in 23. He said his aim was to be Lynn number 1 by the end of the season. :blink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

End of the day, Jackobson will be a 6.00 rider, meaning someone like Jorgenson, MPT or even KK will drop to reserve, will be a dark horse IMO.

Freddie will be on over a 7 after his first league meeting. He averaged that last season but was 1 meeting short of getting the new average. With Picko dropping to reserve.Fred used old kit last season, but has new for the UK in 23.I think he can average 7 in the 1-5.

Edited by Bald Bloke

18 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep, I'd be seriously underwhelmed if a Wolves fan. The thing they do have though is a big home advantage and on that basis alone you'd fancy them for top four.

Exactly, but I don't believe Wolves fans feel like that. They seem pretty happy but, had any other track selected that as a septet it would be guaranteed bottom. 

Of the (almost) completed teams, I honestly believe 3rd is achievable 

1. Belle Vue

2. Leicester 

3. King's Lynn 

4. Sheffield 

5. Wolverhampton

Just feel the Ipswich & Peterborough septet's may just push us to 5th of there rumours are correct, although, Chris Holder can't ride for both :lol:

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Exactly, but I don't believe Wolves fans feel like that. They seem pretty happy but, had any other track selected that as a septet it would be guaranteed bottom. 

Of the (almost) completed teams, I honestly believe 3rd is achievable 

1. Belle Vue

2. Leicester 

3. King's Lynn 

4. Sheffield 

5. Wolverhampton

Just feel the Ipswich & Peterborough septet's may just push us to 5th of there rumours are correct, although, Chris Holder can't ride for both :lol:

I think Lynn depends on KK. Alex said he knows he can be frustrating, but he can also be very fast. Brady thinks KK can average 8 in this league. He also said 3 Prem teams spoke to him(KK) and it cost" a 5 figure sum beginning with a 2 to get him to Lynn"

It was nice to hear R.Lambert has immediate plans to improve himself on the World stage.And at some stage a little while into the future he has unfinished business with Lynn.Hopefully his homecoming will be before the age of what Kazprzak is now:lol:

I am unsure on the KK signing,whilst in the past he was such a rider that he could beat anyone by a straight,he could also lose by a straight.He needs to be into the 1st bend 1st or that could be it for him.If they could get his head on straight first,then maybe,just maybe.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think Lynn depends on KK. Alex said he knows he can be frustrating, but he can also be very fast. Brady thinks KK can average 8 in this league. He also said 3 Prem teams spoke to him(KK) and it cost" a 5 figure sum beginning with a 2 to get him to Lynn"

.....for a 38 year old whose best days are most certainly behind him! I hope it works for you!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Tofty was there. He said he went to 5 different people to find the problem with his shoulder with no luck.The 6th one found the problem, fixed it and now it's fine. According to Tofty.

Pleased hes hopefully got it sorted ,thought after the PCM victory at BV he was really going to kick on this season but it just didnt happen then the shoulder injury all but finished his season in July.

As ive said before i do wonder if it caused a rift between MPT and Rob Lyon,  

Any mention of the promotion change ? As not seen anything on here

Edited by scoobydoo

2 hours ago, Haza said:

So who the promoter is Buster still at the helm or is it just Brady and Allit ?

Still Buster. He is winding down a bit and taking a step back like he did in 22, with Dale and Alex doing the day to day stuff.  Alex said the club is in good hands and will be for many years to come. Reading between the lines i think Brady will take the promotion over in the future.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

100% Lynn's season really is dependent on 1 rider. He's anywhere between a 9 or 5 average, that's massive for the season. 

As for the 5 figure sum, I wouldn't be too concerned as that could just be £200.01 :lol::t:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

IIppo & Wolves who have a heavyweight number one

You do Doyle a huge disservice putting on par with Masters.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Can’t make my mind up about this team tbh.

I look at once, it looks good, next I can't see a heat win, third time I can see very few 0's on a scorecard.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Wolverhampton look the worst team so far, 

Agreed... But they have the only RS who will take a point off none RS's in the league.

47 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Do you think Jorgensen will prove to be better over the course of a season as #6 than Blodorn & Kerr. I'm not convinced.

I think this Stars team is relying on MPT to recapture his 2021 form.  They have a very solid engine room.

Just now, Col said:

You do Doyle a huge disservice putting on par with Masters.

I look at once, it looks good, next I can't see a heat win, third time I can see very few 0's on a scorecard.

Agreed... But they have the only RS who will take a point off none RS's in the league.

Do you think Jorgensen will prove to be better over the course of a season as #6 than Blodorn & Kerr. I'm not convinced.

I think this Stars team is relying on MPT to recapture his 2021 form.  They have a very solid engine room.

Yes to the first one.

The 2nd one......... I don't think we are relying on MPT. He said he can put a point on his 6.86 average, but if he does his average, i'd he happy. We have Freddie on a 5, he averaged over7 last season on old kit, but didn't do enough meetings to keep the 7+. So we have a good 2 points to come from him. Picko can do better than a 6.14 as well. Brady said after we agreed a deal for 23 every club in the league tried to get him to do a U turn. For me It's KK that we need to have a good one.