British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I agree - Kings Lynn have and always will be second rate..... :D;)

Crawl back to the Foxhole :P

image.jpeg.ca27ca7eeef9edad28dc53534f974be3.jpeg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I agree - Kings Lynn have and always will be second rate..... :D;)

I can't remember the last time Ipswich Town weren't third rate :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I can't remember the last time Ipswich Town weren't third rate :D

Add Doyle and Emil to any Tin Pot club and they'll do top  4:approve:

5 hours ago, rearingtogo said:

To be honest the worst thing Lynn ever did was to to leave the second tier of racing. Times have been sh.t ever since.seen some cracking races then, just as equal to the top tier if not better.

Yes now basically the same riders and going back to those days with cracking racing in the old PL who would forget those massive home wins terrific racing 5-1 after 5-1 yes we won things but did become boring in the end . 

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Yes now basically the same riders and going back to those days with cracking racing in the old PL who would forget those massive home wins terrific racing 5-1 after 5-1 yes we won things but did become boring in the end . 

Racing was not all from the gate for Lynn riders then, some great passing with top class racing. Yes we did have some big wins but the entertainment was first class which I found not boring. Least you knew who your regular team riders were compared to today.

Edited by rearingtogo

Brilliant from kasprazak but still so infuriating because you wouldn’t be surprised in the next meeting if he scored 2 or 3.but fair play for tonight.

Kk's performance tonight was the perfect response to 2 dreadful meetings. That was the kk that Alex Brady hoped we would get,and tonight we did,just as well really as the rest of the team , barring Picko  to an extent , looked rusty . Wolves look handy this year, they demolished us at Monmore and ran us close at lynn.Gave belle vue a hiding then bv go and win at ippo, who won at Peterborough, who pushed Leicester at home . Let's hope we see more of this kk, we need to . One swallow doesn't make a summer though

15 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Brilliant from kasprazak but still so infuriating because you wouldn’t be surprised in the next meeting if he scored 2 or 3.but fair play for tonight.

It’s typical KK scoring tho. 2,0,15. You just never know what’s next!

33 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

It’s typical KK scoring tho. 2,0,15. You just never know what’s next!

Do you not rate Kasprzak? You’ve never mentioned it 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, therefused said:

Do you not rate Kasprzak? You’ve never mentioned it 

At least I’m consistent, which is something KK will never be. ;-)

It's really interesting to read some of the comments on here, especially looking back over the past few days.

I was at Sheffield last Thursday and it was a fairly comfortable win for the Tigers and, yes, Kasprzak looked awful. But it's early season, things are just settling down and riders are getting back to fitness, getting used to new machinery and, in some cases, new tracks. The reaction to his first two meetings was typical of much of the society of today - an over reaction. Reading this forum sometimes is like listening to the stuff football fans come out with when they want a manager sacked after a couple of losses. It's a horrible culture.

Riders getting stick for being better at home than away is also becoming more common. I'm not sure how certain riders from the 70s and 80s would have stayed with clubs for as long as they did if internet forums existed back then. I remember one season at Sheffield in the 1970s when the Tigers had a 100% home record but failed to pick up a point away from home. Riders like Craig Pendlebury and Arnie Haley remained popular even though there was a big disparity between their home averages and their away averages because they were loyal servants to the club and put the effort in. Further back, Billy Bales had a great home average but struggled to score a point away from home for a few seasons. I think he would have been hounded out in today's need for instant success.

I was really pleased the Stars won last night and really pleased that KK got a maximum. I just hope the fans can show a bit of patience and a bit of tolerance, rather than all this bed wetting nonsense that gets posted in week 1 of the season.

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, CountArthur said:

It's really interesting to read some of the comments on here, especially looking back over the past few days.

I was at Sheffield last Thursday and it was a fairly comfortable win for the Tigers and, yes, Kasprzak looked awful. But it's early season, things are just settling down and riders are getting back to fitness, getting used to new machinery and, in some cases, new tracks. The reaction to his first two meetings was typical of much of the society of today - an over reaction. Reading this forum sometimes is like listening to the stuff football fans come out with when they want a manager sacked after a couple of losses. It's a horrible culture.

Riders getting stick for being better at home than away is also becoming more common. I'm not sure how certain riders from the 70s and 80s would have stayed with clubs for as long as they did if internet forums existed back then. I remember one season at Sheffield in the 1970s when the Tigers had a 100% home record but failed to pick up a point away from home. Riders like Craig Pendlebury and Arnie Haley remained popular even though there was a big disparity between their home averages and their away averages because they were loyal servants to the club and put the effort in. Further back, Billy Bales had a great home average but struggled to score a point away from home for a few seasons. I think he would have been hounded out in today's need for instant success.

I was really pleased the Stars won last night and really pleased that KK got a maximum. I just hope the fans can show a bit of patience and a bit of tolerance, rather than all this bed wetting nonsense that gets posted in week 1 of the season.

Great post.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CountArthur said:

Really enjoyed reading that, and completely agree with all you say. I was impressed to see that Sir Sidney liked it. Who the hell is he, and where has he suddenly popped up from, as I've never seen any of his posts on here???????????????????? 

• Haha 1