British Speedway Forum

They look and should be a fairly solid team, but that relies on them all performing and in my mind there are too many inconsistent riders...too many gambles. NK did nothing last season to justify his inclusion, TJ lovely fella, can score well, but too inconsistent and in my view has had too many chances with us. MPT, last season's injury would have concerned me but if that was/ has healed, yes would have had a punt on him. KK, need I say anything, but so pleased for his max against Wolves. Picko, still think we could get more points from him, but he's a trier. Fred, disappointed with him so far. So far even Jason doesn't seem to have carried last season's form across, but we shouldn't have to rely on his points, he,s learning.

I don't believe the riders go out with the intent to ride badly, the fault lies with those that put them there. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lynnfan91 said:

Kasprzak not riding against Leicester on Thursday as he's in Poland and Picko still injured... I've heard the team for Thursday will be 1 Klindt, 2 Jorgensen, 3 Jakobsen, 4 S.Worrall (G), 5 Palm Toft, 6 Craig Cook (G), 7 Edwards

35 minutes ago, tellboy said:

It is.

Have a feeling Cook is to have a look as a replacement for someone?? 

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Very similar to P'boro. [Iversen 6.29 followed by Worrall 6.13] In fact put the top 7 from both teams together and it comes to less than 42. (And top 6 plus JE as rising star is well under the limit.)

I said similar last night - put the best from both teams together and it still wouldn’t work.   Buster has two HUGE problems on his hands. 

12 minutes ago, maneacat said:

I said similar last night - put the best from both teams together and it still wouldn’t work.   Buster has two HUGE problems on his hands. 

Only himself and Dale to blame 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mimmo said:

So, Simon scored more points than Nicolai Klindt, Jason Edwards and David Bellego(Sheffield).  He scored as many points as Michael Palm Toft & Frederik Jakobsen and if you included bonus points, he was better than those two. So, of the 14-riders on display, he was better than a third of them.

I never make comments on here with regarding the rights and wrongs of what managements are doing at any club, but the comments I'm reading about Messrs Chapman, Allitt & Brady on both the King's Lynn & Peterborough sites, are in my opinion, cause to make them walk away, hence the closure of both clubs. DO YOU REALLY WANT THAT?

Of course everyone has the right of freedom of speech, but don't you think it would be better to be done in a more productive way, rather than continually slagging people off that are putting a lot of money into keeping the sport alive at those two venues.  Do you really, with hand on heart, want to risk losing the sport you love, forever, because that's what would happen, then your only choice of watching the sport without travelling to the Midlands and beyond, would be Ipswich & Mildenhall?  

Just for this one time only, do I think the team that has been put together at KIng's Lynn is good, then no I don't.  Did they have enough money to put better teams out, if I include Peterborough, only they know that, so I can't be critical on that point. Do I have the answers to solving the obvious problems, no I don't thankfully, as I'm not putting thousands of pounds into clubs in to trying to entertain us all.

I know that you will probably start slagging me off now, but BRING IT ON, because it seems that all the British Speedway Forum is designed to these days, is look at negatives instead of praising positives.

I'll close my posting by saying, please continue supporting your respect clubs, and show some respect towards those who run them.
Okay, so fire away if you want, but I will not react to any of them.  Enjoy your sport.       

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

So you'd prefer disgruntled fans to just put up & shut up? When they've had enough, walk away silently? 

Come on Mimmo. I'd always spoken face to face with JC when he was there & Buster. They actually listened. Whether they did anything or not didn't matter, they listened. I felt wanted. When Wagstaff was in charge he made the fans feel wanted, easy to talk to about anything, it could be argued we were even worse than now back then. 

Anyone tried speaking with Allitt about their unhappiness yet? He does not (or didn't then anyway) take negativity well at all. Told me I have know idea what I'm talking about (a few expletives) & turned on his heels. He never spoke to me again.

Point is, when you try to show your discontent face to face & they disrespect you as a life long fan only so much can be taken. 

It does look like, with the teams being put out year on year, Allitt still doesn't get it. 

Personally, Allitt is the biggest problem for King's Lynn (& Peterborough) but it all falls back on Buster because he employs this guy. 

It may be unfortunate for you Mimmo that everyone's unhappiness is exhausted on a forum (a social media) but that's the modern world. Everyone now has a voice. Apart from trolls, most people are very constructive but it's not being listened to at all. That could be said for every Premiership club to be honest. As horrible as it can get on here at times, every single promoter & manager should be reading this forum. There 'head in the sand' mentality is not working for this sport what so ever. 

Sheffield & Ipswich are very fortunate they have a 'sugar daddy' sponsor at the moment. In actual fact, we had that sponsor ourselves, wonder why they left us?!?!? Belle Vue are sticking in there competitively. 

It's not a coincidence King's Lynn & Peterborough are the 2 worst run Premiership clubs mate. Mimmo, this sport is dying, fans should not be silenced, they have to be allowed to demand change in anyway they see fit. 

Adding these here, it's important to debate 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

The main thing the team was based on is a high scoring reserve and apart from Jaksobsen at Wolves it's not happened. 

Definetly Jakobsen at reserve should have ensured a strong reserve all season. Even he has been a little disappointing.

Didn't I read somewhere that Jakobsen lost his mechanic on the eve of the season to Sayfutinov? Not saying thats the reason, but possibly won't help 

Lewi Kerr is guesting for us at reserve away at Ipswich on May 1st and home to Ipswich on May 4th

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kelvinht said:

Didn't I read somewhere that Jakobsen lost his mechanic on the eve of the season to Sayfutinov? Not saying thats the reason, but possibly won't help 

What a disgusting move from Emil.

1 hour ago, Lynnfan91 said:

Lewi Kerr is guesting for us at reserve away at Ipswich on May 1st and home to Ipswich on May 4th

Paid 13 for Sheffield at Foxhall last week from reserve so an excellent choice. 

On 4/14/2023 at 10:41 PM, r8gdp said:

Bloody hell Billy Bales remember asking him if he had any spare goggles and him giving me a pair .Arnie Haley Bob Paulson John Dews Charlie Monk Jim Airey god those we re the days 

Billy is now the grand age of 93 and still living in Hellesdon near the location of the old Firs stadium. Lovely guy who was a great servant to the Clubs he rode for.

• Thanks 1

New averages released effective 01.05

NK - 7.0

MPT - 6.78

TJ - 6.34

JP - 5.82

FJ - 6.76

KK - still running on old average 6.86

King's Lynn HAVE to find a Klindt replacement before his average drops even lower. Of all the rider's, he is the first for the chopping block. 

There has to be someone out there with close to a 7.39, get them in before the 1st. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

King's Lynn HAVE to find a Klindt replacement before his average drops even lower. Of all the rider's, he is the first for the chopping block. 

There has to be someone out there with close to a 7.39, get them in before the 1st. 

Killer fits, but I wasn’t keen on him when announced last season..

18 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Send him to Panthers in around a month please