British Speedway Forum

35 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

traffic dependent, I  do love Norfolk as a destination butt he only times I have been there it takes me 4 hrs from Sheffield usually - going slightly further than Lynn to Trimingham / coast!

Sheffield to Lynn on a good day is two hours, cant see it ever taking four. Obviously the other side of Norfolk is a different story

3 minutes ago, WeslakeJohn said:

Kings Lynn to Trimmingham is about an hour and a half!

Sheffield to Trimmingham 3 hrs 51 minutes 

1 minute ago, therefused said:

Sheffield to Lynn on a good day is two hours, cant see it ever taking four. Obviously the other side of Norfolk is a different story

On a good day But yes shorter journey I was more referring to further on 

43 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

traffic dependent, I  do love Norfolk as a destination butt he only times I have been there it takes me 4 hrs from Sheffield usually - going slightly further than Lynn to Trimingham / coast!

Thats because the A17 was built by the devil himself :D

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Thats because the A17 was built by the devil himself :D

He also had a hand in the hell on earth that is the M5 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

Pickering may go to Sheffield it all depends on the rules though.Im sure he will be back at Lynn if the rule which doesn't allow you to re introduce a rider back in your team goes to the "best interests of speedway",where that would allow him back at Lynn.

Don't think where he lives has any bearing on where he goes,after all riders come from everywhere.

I spoke to Picko's mechanic last night, and he said that Josh is riding in Poland this weekend, he said if it goes ok he'll be back. I took it as at Lynn, but who knows.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I spoke to Picko's mechanic last night, and he said that Josh is riding in Poland this weekend, he said if it goes ok he'll be back. I took it as at Lynn, but who knows.

I was also told last night, that if Pickering does ok in Poland at weekend he will be riding for Lynn on Monday v Leicester.

14 hours ago, klstarsfan said:

Johnathan walking about tonight!  

See him wandering around.Quite strange to see him back after quite a while away.Can we make anything of it after all what has happened.

Buster was quite happy after the super heat,giving hugs out to Laguta and Klindt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrss said:

I was also told last night, that if Pickering does ok in Poland at weekend he will be riding for Lynn on Monday v Leicester.

Lets hope so. I'd be surprised if MPT will be riding on Monday. RR should cover, if it comes to it, with everyone able to take one of his rides.

Edited by Bald Bloke

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

See him wandering around.Quite strange to see him back after quite a while away.Can we make anything of it after all what has happened.

Buster was quite happy after the super heat,giving hugs out to Laguta and Klindt.

What was the crowd reaction? Lots of 'traditionalist" not huge fans of the superheat yet when Ipswich won against peterborough last season it got a massive roar and everyone seemed right up for it.

14 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

What was the crowd reaction? Lots of 'traditionalist" not huge fans of the superheat yet when Ipswich won against peterborough last season it got a massive roar and everyone seemed right up for it.

Huge roar went up. A dramatic race which ended with the home fans going wild. On another social channel, someone said you would have thought we had just won the league. Tradition is important but so is innovation. Promoters have got it right with super heat. There was real tension as race evolved and everyone was talking about it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Huge roar went up. A dramatic race which ended with the home fans going wild. On another social channel, someone said you would have thought we had just won the league. Tradition is important but so is innovation. Promoters have got it right with super heat. There was real tension as race evolved and everyone was talking about it.

I think it is a great idea, which shows innovation and fan focused improvements to the sport, every meeting going forward has to have a winner which brings huge excitement.. 

Unless of course, you lose it..

Then it is a contrived crap idea and they haven't a clue on how to run things. What is bloody wrong with a draw anyway?.. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I think it is a great idea, which shows innovation and fan focused improvements to the sport, every meeting going forward has to have a winner which brings huge excitement.. 

Then it is a contrived crap idea and they haven't a clue on how to run things. What is bloody wrong with a draw anyway?.. :D

Spoken like a true fan !!!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Or in an hypothetical scenario

A v B -  A fixture meeting is drawn so a super heat, Team A win

B v A  - B fixture meeting is drawn so a super heat, Team A Win

But they are tied for the aggregate bonus....so is there  Super heat also??  Which say Team B win?  So Team A wins both matches but loses the aggregate bonus point

Brilliant innovation???? Or diabolical situation....although cant complain at 33 heats for the price of 30

7 minutes ago, Heathcote said:

Or in an hypothetical scenario

A v B -  A fixture meeting is drawn so a super heat, Team A win

B v A  - B fixture meeting is drawn so a super heat, Team A Win

But they are tied for the aggregate bonus....so is there  Super heat also??  Which say Team B win?  So Team A wins both matches but loses the aggregate bonus point

Brilliant innovation???? Or diabolical situation....although cant complain at 33 heats for the price of 30

Don't know if this helps. :blink:

011.1.28Super Heat & Super Heat Plus In Premiership, Championship and National Development League, League competitions when the score is level after heat 15, a Super Heat or Super Heat Plus will be used to determine the winner as follows; 011.1.29Match Draw After heat 15 when the score is level a Super Heat will be used to determine the 1 additional league point • Aggregate Draw When the score is level on aggregate after the second leg a Super Heat will be used to determine the 1 aggregate point • Match & Aggregate Draw If at the conclusion of the second leg the match score and aggregate scores are both level a Super Heat Plus will be used to determine both 1 additional league point and 1 aggregate point