British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Unfortunately you two are letting your dislike of Keith Chapman get in the way of sensible suggestion and debate.....the club is working with and not against the BSPL and keys not forget that the person who was running and funding the team has walked away half way through the season due to personal reasons, other than seeing the club shut down for the year I don't really know what the alternative is.

You are right the fans are suffering but I don't see how deducting points and awarding meetings helps anybody least of all loyal supporters. The priority has to be getting through this season and coming back stronger in 2024 whoever that is under. Highly unlikely to be Buster, he wants to hand over the reins and retire, good job he hasn't decided to do that already and has instead stepped into the breach to try and keep the Stars going.

Of course he will keep Kings Lynn going, he makes a fortune out of the sh@t beer & burgers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, proud panther said:

Of course he will keep Kings Lynn going, he makes a fortune out of the sh@t beer & burgers.

Define 'fortune'

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

What kind of comment is that?? Absolute crap, and you know it :nono:. You'll be fine with MT next season, the skys the limit... So lets hope that Lynn run eh.

Edited by Bald Bloke

21 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

It wouldn’t. Ged was clear that we would continue to race in the second tier if no sale took place.

Neil...please have a word and get him back at Peterborough...had meetings with the fans, showed passion, wanted to win..night and day with what we have now...

• Like 2

I don't like Buster at all but I don't want to see British Speedway lose anymore clubs.

The sport in this country is in a bad enough state as it is, I hope everything works out well for KL in the end.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TTT said:

I don't like Buster at all but I don't want to see British Speedway lose anymore clubs.

The sport in this country is in a bad enough state as it is, I hope everything works out well for KL in the end.

Me neither! BUT I feel the situation is so bad and has been so poorly managed it appears to be inevitable. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Me neither! BUT I feel the situation is so bad and has been so poorly managed it appears to be inevitable. 

The Stars will ride in 2024

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Unfortunately you two are letting your dislike of Keith Chapman get in the way of sensible suggestion and debate.....the club is working with and not against the BSPL and keys not forget that the person who was running and funding the team has walked away half way through the season due to personal reasons, other than seeing the club shut down for the year I don't really know what the alternative is.

You are right the fans are suffering but I don't see how deducting points and awarding meetings helps anybody least of all loyal supporters. The priority has to be getting through this season and coming back stronger in 2024 whoever that is under. Highly unlikely to be Buster, he wants to hand over the reins and retire, good job he hasn't decided to do that already and has instead stepped into the breach to try and keep the Stars going.

Retire as in sell up Saddlebow ?  Or just retire from Speedway promotion ?   If it’s the later he did that several years ago when Waggy took over the Promotion.   

2 minutes ago, semion said:

Retire as in sell up Saddlebow ?  Or just retire from Speedway promotion ?   If it’s the later he did that several years ago when Waggy took over the Promotion.   

Unfortunately for Buster he has been let down at both promoters halfway through the season, and is trying to pick up the pieces.

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Unfortunately for Buster he has been let down at both promoters halfway through the season, and is trying to pick up the pieces.

What is really surprising is Buster allowing a situation to arise where it could all fall back on him and leave him seriously out of pocket.    Thought he would be far  to cute for something like that to rebound on him so badly.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, semion said:

What is really surprising is Buster allowing a situation to arise where it could all fall back on him and leave him seriously out of pocket.    Thought he would be far  to cute for something like that to rebound on him so badly.   

I guess he was to trusting.

• Haha 1

Where is Allit in all this? Still in hospital?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I guess he was to trusting.

Surely Buster would know worst case scenario it would all come back on him.  Brady said he had left the. Club in a sound financial position.  So what’s gone wrong to change that situation in a few short weeks ?

All smells more fishy than the contents of Baldricks apple pie 

Edited by semion
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, semion said:

Surely Buster would know worst case scenario it would all come back on him.  Brady said he had left the. Club in a sound financial position.  So what’s gone wrong to change that situation in a few short weeks ?

All sounds more fishy than the contents of Baldricks apple pie 

That is what i was told..  I think it was  probably up to date, in terms of wages, but my guess is that Alex was paying for AL's package on top of his sponsorship. Now it is no more..

4 hours ago, chrismorton said:

Neil...please have a word and get him back at Peterborough...had meetings with the fans, showed passion, wanted to win..night and day with what we have now...

We still speak almost every day, I’ll mention it ……

• Like 2