British Speedway Forum

On 11/27/2022 at 8:08 PM, JackPells said:

Everyone knows that Alex Brady is taking on more promotional responsibility. Buster is getting on and wants to start winding down and relax whilst he still can.

Is he not still doing the track then?

33 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I believe either him or his team are still doing the track, whereas AB is more involved with the business, commercial and promotional side of operations alongside DA.

3 hours ago, Lynnfan91 said:

They are announcing the other 6 riders all in one go at the Adrian Flux Arena like they did last year

If they make a night of it in the  bar with the fans, then i'm in :drink:

58 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

If they make a night of it in the  bar with the fans, then i'm in :drink:

What in the 1-7 ;)

I always had you as a rising star :t:

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

AFIAK he employs somebody to do the tracks at Lynn and Peterborough and just helps out here and there.

5 hours ago, therefused said:

are they? when?

Probably when the other teams have filled their teams , so Kings Lynn can have whatever riders are left.

11 minutes ago, mrss said:

Probably when the other teams have filled their teams , so Kings Lynn can have whatever riders are left.

You could always play it the BV way and plead for more time to find a heat leader

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

What in the 1-7 ;)

I always had you as a rising star :t:

I'd make the Peterborough top 6 from their title winning team look like rising stars:lol: I didn't word the post to well :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrss said:

Lynn's team was completed weeks ago apparently. 

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Lynn's team was completed weeks ago apparently. 

If that’s the case , why don’t the club announce the team? Surely it’s better to get the fans interested as soon as possible.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mrss said:

If that’s the case , why don’t the club announce the team? Surely it’s better to get the fans interested as soon as possible.

Perhaps they don't want to depress the fans too soon!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mrss said:

Already been said, having an announcement evening at the stadium in December it seems. Those nights have always gone down well.

2 hours ago, mrss said:

I haven’t seen any news of a team announcement in December, where was it said?

It was suggested on the previous page of this thread, I'd heard it elsewhere too. I'd expect it to be announced and take place as soon as Mr Brady returns from Oz.

It's always been my preferred way of doing it, certainly better than dragging it out over several weeks like they did a couple of years ago. Buster gets to sell some beer too. 

• Like 1

Used to be a busy night in the bar when the team was announced, although sometimes things were given away when riders turned up in their van and parked it in clear sight

• Haha 1