British Speedway Forum

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Which makes you think he won't be back anytime soon. Though sure Peterborough would have a space for him! 

I expect he won't be back anytime soon because he won't be fit anytime soon. Once he is he'll be straight back in. Jorgensen or Klindt most vulnerable I suspect.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Which makes you think he won't be back anytime soon. Though sure Peterborough would have a space for him! 

Don’t think Josh will back for around a month.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I expect he won't be back anytime soon because he won't be fit anytime soon. Once he is he'll be straight back in. Jorgensen or Klindt most vulnerable I suspect.

Maybe both,Lambert maybe looking for a few meetings later in the season:D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I was thinking exactly the same after reading the news on the KL website. It is a 2 for 2 change with Thomson at 4.47(I have him at 4.45) & Pickering at 5.92 so when Pickering is fit, the average will not fit him in. Plus, there is/was? a rule that you could not re-introduce in to your team once dropped.

The redeclaring rule is the one I was thinking of too. Although I can't find it in the rulebook after a quick scan

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Personally I would've kept KK for his home scoring but after he was "ill" on Thursday last week but we'll enough to race in Poland on the Friday I wouldn't want him back.

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Do you not think he knew he was out?

Still very unprofessional of him imo, he can have no complaints about being dropped due to his (away) form, so there'd be no reason for him to get the hump & not turn up for his last night!

• Like 1

Pickering can't come back for Thomson as that would put them over the limit, but he could replace Jorgensen or Klindt. I guess both riders know they need to perform for the next month to avoid being dropped.

I see no reason why Lynn can't make the play-offs, they haven't lost at home yet, so if they can keep winning that's a start. Then try & pick up a bonus point or two along the way & who knows?

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Even if you don't make the playoffs, it's surely a better side now - which is progress isn't it? Just watch Laguta and enjoy it if nothing else.

100% agree

• Like 1

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Pickering can't come back for Thomson as that would put them over the limit, but he could replace Jorgensen or Klindt. I guess both riders know they need to perform for the next month to avoid being dropped.

I see no reason why Lynn can't make the play-offs, they haven't lost at home yet, so if they can keep winning that's a start. Then try & pick up a bonus point or two along the way & who knows?

You're not meant to be able to bring back a rider that's been dropped though, that's what we're questioning

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

You're not meant to be able to bring back a rider that's been dropped though, that's what we're questioning

The rule book seems to state, (rule 010.3 in your rule books)

A rider taken out of a team through injury cannot be redeclared in that same team within 28 days. 

Of course his average would have to fit then etc.

2 minutes ago, IanBrannan said:

The rule book seems to state, (rule 010.3 in your rule books)

A rider taken out of a team through injury cannot be redeclared in that same team within 28 days. 

Of course his average would have to fit then etc.

Looks like the rule has possibly been changed. You definitely couldn't resign a rider you'd dropped previously, unless it was a like for like injury replacement, which this isn't.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MartinBSN said:

Looks like the rule has possibly been changed. You definitely couldn't resign a rider you'd dropped previously, unless it was a like for like injury replacement, which this isn't.

Yeah it has, I’ve just checked with SCB as part of interview research for the podcast and it’s defo 28 days 

49 minutes ago, IanBrannan said:

Yeah it has, I’ve just checked with SCB as part of interview research for the podcast and it’s defo 28 days 

Can you ask the SCB about why they have revoked the sittingbourne track licence for 12 months suspended ?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MartinBSN said:

Whatever the rule is I'd like to think they'd show some common sense (unlikely in Speedway I know) Pickering has clearly been dropped because he is injured, not some clever ploy to navigate the averages, so there'd be no reason not to allow him back in. The alternative being dropping Jorgensen or Klindt now & using guests for another month till Pickering is fit - who wants that?

Even if the rule says you can't re-sign a dropped rider, it probably says subject to management committee approval etc so hopefully would be allowed?

• Like 1

Last year Ipswich dropped Riss & Barker for Tungate & Summers. Tungate replacing Ross can't have been an "injury replacement" as his average took them over the limit, hence why they had to sign Summers too. But they were allowed to bring Riss back for their final match! So King's Lynn should be allowed to do the same?

Great to see some 'inter-club co-operation' with Poole's Centregreen Presenter Nigel Leahy sorting out Laguta's visa paperwork!:t:

• Haha 1