British Speedway Forum
Cue Ball

Sheffield v Wolves 06.19.22 PO semi second leg

Same Steve Worral at Wolves as he was at  BV. Can jump put of the start and win a race but then goes missing when you need him the most. Good gater at times but can't remember him ever coming from the back 

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

I can see the Aces getting at least 40 at Sheffield...

The top three getting 28-30 from their 14 rides...

Wright, Brennan, Etheridge and Blodorn will then need to get 10 to 12 from their 16 races..

Blodorn at Owlerton will be better than he would be at Wolves I would say, and could be a good card to play..

I can't see Aces getting 40 at Owlerton! Three visits, three drubbings. Lambert is not super human, if he gets 11 from 5 that will all anyone can expect at a track he hasn't visited for years.

Expect nothing from Etheridge and Brennan, if Brennan pops out the start in heat 8 he might win it but Kerr was riding determined tonight.

If Blodorn gets to grip with the track he could be a  surprise, no evidence of that on previous visits but he did figure out Foxhall on his most recent visit.

If Zagar and Kurtz manage double figures that would be more than I'd expect. Wright should be the the trump card, as he's probably done more laps of Owlerton than all the home riders except Howarth, but I can't see it.

Well done to the Tigers (we were very poor, and consign the result to history ).

However, the most important thing is that the Tigers give it their all in the final. After all who wants to see a league won by threatened legal action ? The Aces may feel that they are right according to the actual wording of the laws, but without doubt they are outside the spirit of the laws that they complained about in 2016. Hypocrites.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

Problem with wolves is they need 2-3 changes but they'll consistently make the play offs without them but won't win anything 

Our turn to win next year as  we win every 7 years.Its a cycle that started in 2002:)

With the manipulation of the rules that have appears to have happened over the years, what’s one more….that is if it is a manipulation of the rules. maybe the legal bods at BV are standing up to manipulation but it’s not seen by everyone.

6 hours ago, Tinker said:

Same Steve Worral at Wolves as he was at  BV. Can jump put of the start and win a race but then goes missing when you need him the most. Good gater at times but can't remember him ever coming from the back 

Glad he moved on. Hasn’t been right since his injury

6 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Well done to the Tigers (we were very poor, and consign the result to history ).

However, the most important thing is that the Tigers give it their all in the final. After all who wants to see a league won by threatened legal action ? The Aces may feel that they are right according to the actual wording of the laws, but without doubt they are outside the spirit of the laws that they complained about in 2016. Hypocrites.

Salty much?

GP rider for GP rider. We got through the semi first leg using a Championship rider instead of a GP rider! If we win it, we deserve it! And it's been a long time coming! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, speedwaysliders said:

NO ADAMS FULL STOP:o?

He had a bad fall last week - facial injuries and bruising - maybe he didn't feel like appearing on camera.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Beowulf said:

It’s not in the current spirit that prevails our dead sport which is, Max receives multiple injuries in a high speed smash. BSF cheer and rum their hands with glee when we get a second division rider to replace our 2022 world champion and GP round winner. Fairplay, you guys love it, not. 

Next we sign an adequate replacement as per the rules and a promoter from our main opposition uses his influence as a controlling committee member to stop it. Luckily the SCB saw through it and told him to jog on. 

Over the last few decades your spirit has killed this sport in the UK. Well done. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

Glad he moved on. Hasn’t been right since his injury

I thought he could be a trump card for Wolves. He rides well for Poole, definitely get double figures tonight but he does struggle when he misses the gate and if the averages are reduced alot as has been mentioned then he may be the one to go. 

Expected it to be closer over the 2 legs but Sheffield winning at wolves definitely knocked the fight out of wolves 

saw wolves earlier in the season and they put up more of a fight

Belle Vue for me start as favourites the signing of Lambert being the key it makes them stronger imo

expect belle vue to win at home then solid performance s from Zagar and Wright at Sheffield 

the key riders for me will be how blodorn and Kurtz.if Kurtz has got his gating gloves on it could be game over for Sheffield 

hopefully we will see some good racing at both tracks with no injuries 

9 hours ago, Tinker said:

you could say that about Greg Hancock to be fair. In modern speedway, if you are good at one thing, be good at gating. 

1 minute ago, wtf said:

you could say that about Greg Hancock to be fair. In modern speedway, if you are good at one thing, be good at gating. 

I am sure Chris Harris thinks the same but from a personal point of view I much rather he missed the gate!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ace no.5 said:

Salty much?

GP rider for GP rider. We got through the semi first leg using a Championship rider instead of a GP rider! If we win it, we deserve it!***** And it's been a long time coming! *****

* ours has been an even longer time coming  (we've NEVER won it)!

aces to win by  by 20+ on aggregate (absolutely NOT the score it would have been with fricke riding)   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The SAINT said:

aces to win by  by 20+ on aggregate (absolutely NOT the score it would have been with fricke riding)   

How do you know?